The DVL-1 Put Dinosaurs Here

What's Hot
dudududu Frets: 105
It ships today and should be with me in a couple of weeks.

Here's George demoing it:

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Thats looks Very awesome, quite a full featured boost there. Screamer! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    edited August 2018
    Wow from me - looks like that will be a great amp!  
  • Looks awesome. Just waiting to see if he manages to get the Metro-Plex and Superplex 50w versions out.
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

• dudududu Frets: 105
    Looks awesome. Just waiting to see if he manages to get the Metro-Plex and Superplex 50w versions out.
    As far as I can tell he has streamlined the design to allow him to use the same PCBs for the Metroplex, Superplex and DVL-1. Some of the bits that came out of that development should be reused in the 50W models, but the demand for those seems smaller than he expected so it might just well be that he's going to wait for an X number of orders to pile up before he starts making them. So you're looking at a potential multi month wait time.

• Yeah, that’s how I understand it. I love the full sized Super Plex, especially the boost function. Looks like he has taken all his design experience and put it into the DVL. What a great sounding amp. Metro-Plex on steroids. Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

• Any update on this amp @dudu ;

Any update on this amp @dudu ;
    Hey there, sorry, none yet. I only got to play it for a couple of hours, I then had to leave on a business trip abroad. First impressions are super positive, though, there's nothing this amp can't do well. I'll report back in a few weeks when I'm back from business and holiday travels and I've spent more time with it.

Meanwhile, George has recorded a demo comparing the DVL-1 against the Metroplex:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEvaKIwVkME

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one. Look forward to it.

• neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
    edited May 2020
    Sry for digging out this old thread but could you update us on this amp? How do you like it? Do you still have it? (If yes, would mind selling it to me lol?) 
    neonblack said:
    Sry for digging out this old thread but could you update us on this amp? How do you like it? Do you still have it? (If yes, would mind selling it to me lol?) 
    It was a very cool amp but I ended up selling it, I am now down to two vintage-ish Marshalls.