Which 1 x 12" Cab for Marshall DSL1HR

What's Hot
LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
edited August 2018 in Amps
I'm more or less set on buying a DSL1HR for home use only, it seams to tick all the boxes for me. 
  • 1 or 0.1 watt output
  • FX Loop which I will use.
  • Marshall sound which I like. 
The question is which 1 x 12" 16ohm cab do I buy to go with it.???

The Marshal MX112 cab is the easy choice, but I'm happy to spend more £200 to £300 if there's significantly better options out there, a DIY cab and speaker is also an option as I am quite handy, but I think I'd prefer a ready made solution. 

Any suggestions and ideas would be most welcome as I'm out of my depth looking at cabs.
Thanks very much

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    I would certainly not buy any cab fitted with a Celestion Seventy/80. A dull, uninspiring and quite 'stiff' sounding speaker, so an especially bad idea with a 1W amp. I would probably avoid the V30 too, it's not great with low-power amps.

Look for something with a Greenback or G12H-30, they will sound far better with a low-power amp. If you don't mind mixing brands the Laney Lionheart 1x12" comes with a G12H-30.

Or get something like a Montage cab and have it fitted with the speaker you want... maybe something like a Greenback, or a V-Type, or something completely different.

https://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-guitar-cabinets-montage-1-x-12-guitar-cabinets-c-105_143.html?zenid=omc0m7oi1no8bj2l0jbj51kvo2

(Note that the Seventy/80 is by far the cheapest Celestion speaker listed there - there is a reason for that!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Thanks very much for the info. I'm more than happy to mix brands, I'll have a good look through that website and be sure to avoid the speaker you've mentioned.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom