R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    hyperben said:
    Whitecat said:
    One sold yesterday on eBay for just over £2400...
    That was mine. Went for £2499. Loads of interest but it did have a rather special top. 
    How much were the fees? Hope you got a £1 listing. 
    Yes £1 listing and about £80 PayPal fees. I also offered free courier so received about £2380 in total which I’m quite happy with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Whitecat said:
    That was mine. Went for £2499. Loads of interest but it did have a rather special top. 
    Yes £1 listing and about £80 PayPal fees. I also offered free courier so received about £2380 in total which I’m quite happy with.
    Sorry hyperben how come so happy? You’ve lost £119
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited September 2018

Or he's made £2380. Glass half full and all that. @hyperben do you mind me asking what caused you to sell your R8s off so quickly? Just didn't bond with them?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    He's swapped them for R9s...
  • lp59boy said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Whitecat said:
    Sorry hyperben how come so happy? You’ve lost £119
    No, he's paid £119 to rent an R8 for a few weeks :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Twinfan said:
    I've been sorely tempted by one or two of the GG R9s until I sat down and had a word with myself. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    johnl said:
    Twinfan said:
    I've been sorely tempted by one or two of the GG R9s until I sat down and had a word with myself. 
    You’re not the only one ;)
  • Oh hello! 

8Ib 6oz so that’s bang on 1Ib lighter than the last one I had in the basket and a nicer top 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Classy  ;)
    Twinfan said:
    This is correct. And I also didn’t bond with them that much. I’m happy because I’m not that bothered about losing £119 as it enabled me to get the R9s I wanted. If I waited much longer I would’ve missed out on them. I got the R9s for less than £3499 so saved there. Swings and roundabouts. To get my money back I’d have to of asked £2599ish. Who’s going to buy at that price? Also wanted to sell the R8s before an influx of them on the classifieds/eBay. It would’ve been better for me if the R9 sale happened first. 
  • hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    This is correct. And I also didn’t bond with them that much. I’m happy because I’m not that bothered about losing £119 as it enabled me to get the R9s I wanted. If I waited much longer I would’ve missed out on them. I got the R9s for less than £3499 so saved there. Swings and roundabouts. To get my money back I’d have to of asked £2599ish. Who’s going to buy at that price? Also wanted to sell the R8s before an influx of them on the classifieds/eBay. It would’ve been better for me if the R9 sale happened first. 
    How did you bag a further discount on £3499?
  • hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Clearly had some compromising video footage 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Didn't take finance and asked for a cash discount...
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Haha. I just talked to the dealers and negotiated a price. I didn’t use 0% and instead paid outright. 
  • hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Haha. I just talked to the dealers and negotiated a price. I didn’t use 0% and instead paid outright. 
    Was it GG?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3864
    Not sure what it is, but Lenny Kravitz was playing a tasty-looking LP at Hyde Park. (Apols for potential thread derail)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    I did manage to knock them down a few weeks ago but didn’t get one from them in the end. I know others who’ve tried to knock them down since and they wouldn’t budge though
  • hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    I did manage to knock them down a few weeks ago but didn’t get one from them in the end. I know others who’ve tried to knock them down since and they wouldn’t budge though
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    Add me to that list as they told me no too 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    Was it GG?
    Add me to that list as they told me no too 
    Quoting only to add yet another quote box.

This is becoming quite mesmerising as I scroll past
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom