cheers 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    JMP220478 said:
    bsnk holidaying in area - any gigs ; bars ; guitar stores etc 
    Particularly interested in seeing any forum members live 
    cheers 

Lol - I love not far from there but gigging in Market Harborough!
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Any local venues worth checking out - based in Hunstanton for the duration ..
    JMP220478 said:
    Any local venues worth checking out - based in Hunstanton for the duration ..
    Not sure round that way - most of my local places are more Peterborough way or a bit farther round the coast where I am. @RandallFlagg might know a few spots
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2018
    None, it's shithole I would go elsewhere.

No guitar shops and no live music, a mediocre town centre filled with Eastern Europeans or small minded dumb nuts locals. No restaurants worth bothering with and practically no nice pubs either.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Kings Lynn used to have a couple of music shops ( not been there in a few years).  
    Sometimes searles have a band on but it's pot luck even if you can get in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The Barron Knights are headlining The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton tonite - whats to fault there ? :-) 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    JMP220478 said:
    The Barron Knights are headlining The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton tonite - whats to fault there ? :-) 
    Some of the seats aren't too comfortable in the Princess.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    JMP220478 said:
    Some of the seats aren't too comfortable in the Princess.
    Passenger seats are ok, but the back seat is just a bench..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    OK, you get a LOL for that.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2018
    ESBlonde said:
    Kings Lynn used to have a couple of music shops ( not been there in a few years).  
    There was only really one of repute, John Savages Music Centre, John retired the business many years ago now and East Coast Music moved in from Hunstanton but as with many local stores the Internet killed it, they've been gone for a good few years as well, I don't think there's anything now, even though I live out the outskirts I don't go into the town very often.

We get some good shows at the Corn Exchange, I saw Stewart Lee's Content Provider last year which was very funny and there can be a few bands pop up inbetween the tribute acts. There really is no local music scene that I am aware of as there is nowhere to play and no real audience for it.

Joe Pasquale live tonight .. ;-)
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    ESBlonde said:
    There was only really one of repute, John Savages Music Centre, John retired the business many years ago now and East Coast Music moved in from Hunstanton but as with many local stores the Internet killed it, they've been gone for a good few years as well, I don't think there's anything now, even though I live out the outskirts I don't go into the town very often.

We get some good shows at the Corn Exchange, I saw Stewart Lee's Content Provider last year which was very funny and there can be a few bands pop up inbetween the tribute acts. There really is no local music scene that I am aware of as there is nowhere to play and no real audience for it.
    I’m a kings lynn inhabitant, there is music here! There’s a pretty vibrant young indie scene and there's a solidly supported blues scene too! 

Lets not forget the bands that came out of the area, Vanilla Pod, Deaf Havana, The First, Faintest Idea, Rebelation, I’m sure there are others too.

i know that when I was still touring we bought bands like Don Broco and Mallory Knox to Lynn, I don’t think anyone is doing that anymore, but there’s still decent stuff happening in Lynn!
  • @timmysoft ;  Rob and Steve Pod are still putting on gigs under Poets on Pay Day (i think) now that Vanilla Pod have called it a day.

Mainly punk type stuff but usually good as you'd expect, they've got plenty of contacts.