extremely stupid question

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24274
    £2000 for a power cable!

Fucking paupers.

This is what you want

Obviously you'll need the better plug and the 2m length....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    Best part of £5000! Insane!
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    That cable is indeed very expensive, however you will notice that the "burn in" option is only another £15; a relative bargain I would say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • £2000 for a power cable!

Fucking paupers.

This is what you want

Obviously you'll need the better plug and the 2m length....
    Just in case you're wondering why this one might actually sound different (though I doubt it, being a power cable?)..

He posted on a forum what's inside those wooden things.

For the record, the wooden tubes (cosmetic only) on the Superkord contain absolutely no magetic materials - in other words they are not ferrite based. There are actually around a dozen passive components in each tube, have a design that is based on electrical network theory, and provide a smooth broadband attenuation (from 1MHz up to around 1GHz) of about 20dB. Why the rather loosly worded "around" and "about"? Because the attenuation changes with frequency, and measurement at the microwave frequency end of the spectrum is subject to modest measurement error.

So... It's got a few capacitors and resistors in a small circuit (a dozen components?) which do something.  

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    A fool and his money....
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited April 2014
    "Don't be put off by the price as this product is unbelievable" ....I'm sure none of us would deny a £2k power lead is unbelievable. I'd want shares in the company for that much. I remember a similar discussion about hdmi leads, where somebody said the benefit is not just knowing the difference between a £1 and a £50 hdmi lead, its knowing the difference between a £1 lead being sold for £50 and a £50 lead!

On a related note, i wonder if my amp lead would be ok to power my kettle? Would one of those unicorn made ones make me a better brew of Ceylon?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    It's a pity those sites don't have a review/comments section on their products!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    thecolourbox said:

I remember a similar discussion about hdmi leads, where somebody said the benefit is not just knowing the difference between a £1 and a £50 hdmi lead, its knowing the difference between a £1 lead being sold for £50 and a £50 lead!
    The really important thing is knowing that a £1 HDMI cable performs exactly the same as a £50 one even if there is any constructional difference. (At least up to about 5m.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748

On a related note, i wonder if my amp lead would be ok to power my kettle? Would one of those unicorn made ones make me a better brew of Ceylon?
    I think for kettles it needs to be made by civet cats. That might just be for coffee though.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I'm getting one of those £5K jobs for my kettle. My next cup of PG will be AWESOME!!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    You won't get the full benefit of a £5k kettle lead if you're using mass-produced teabags. You need to be using boutique tea, and it better be loose-leaf at that. Also you need to use boutique china cups.