Rick Turner Model 1 construction outline

Hi 
I posted this in a different thread about one for sale at Charlie Chandlers Guitar Exp and got interested as I knew about them but never coveted one and did a bit of searching on the subject. 

I came across these build sketches done by an Architect of the guitar construction. Felt people making stuff might like to look. 

Its fairly different from say conventional Gibson or Fender designs built around a two-piece sandwich that gives a full thick solid centre tapering out to the edges. Again the neck construction is interesting with a scarfed on headstock, built up heel and tenon.  The illustration shows a rough shaping of the neck profile with a large router. When you look at the plans it certainly comes across as a design that was meant to be built in that it uses a good number of techniques to simplify classic problems. Like the neck tenon, the built heel and neck scarf all save wood and time. 

As the other thread showed its a very marmite guitar you either love the design or hate it, but looking at this and hearing some videos it's also interesting and a different take on making a guitar. 

I do like them but to me, some aspects do look a bit too DIY like the faux tailpiece battery cover, rotating pickup would have to play one to know if that's more than a gimmick. 

http://rickturnerguitars.com/stories-making-turner-guitar

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    That was interesting reading - thanks.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom