SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster - No Longer Available

What's Hot
exocetexocet Frets: 1958
edited April 2014 in Guitars £
For sale is my Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster. Manufactured around 2006.

The specs on these guitars are well publicised already so I'm sure you don't need me to go into all of the usual spiel, suffice to say that they are manufactured to a high quality and are tonally very good.

I'm selling on because I don't get on with V profile necks - took this guitar to make me realise that.

Sold with original hard case, case "candy" and the all important missing trem spring cover - makes all the difference!

I live in Sevenoaks area of Kent and frequently travel into Central London if anyone would like to try it out for size.

Looking for a cash sale as I already have another Telecaster coming my way :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Pm'd you Sir.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    tFB Trader
    Has it sold yet?

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

Not to me Mate. :((
  • AnguSGAnguSG Frets: 0
    Very tempting indeed, but I'd ideally like a rosewood neck version. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I used to feel same way about necks. Then I bought a maple necked telecaster and there was no looking back.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Looks beautiful, what pups are in these?

They are the stock custom wound Fender pickups. I'd put them close to 50's style in terms of output and tone. I reckon that Fat 50's are the closest equivalent. They take overdrive very well, better than 60's style Fender pickups in my view.
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    one of the best standard production strats imo. i wish i got on with the neck finish on those!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    edited April 2014
    Do you have an accurate weight for the guitar?

firks91 said:
    one of the best standard production strats imo. i wish i got on with the neck finish on those!
    What do you mean by neck 'finish' and what don't you like about it? (Or do you mean neck shape?)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    exocet said:
    They are the stock custom wound Fender pickups. I'd put them close to 50's style in terms of output and tone. I reckon that Fat 50's are the closest equivalent. They take overdrive very well, better than 60's style Fender pickups in my view.
    They are unique to the EJ strats though aren't they, rather than 'stock' as in used in most others. I think they're great sounding pickups - lots of sparkle & character.
    The pickups are the "special wound" EJ Pickups, by "Stock" I meant that I hadn't changed them. As far as I know, you can't buy these pickups unless you pay silly money for them on eBay from a guitar that has been "parted out".

As for the guitar weight, I'll try and measure this later today.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    I'm gassing badly for this. The perfect Strat imo... right on the cusp between avri and the cs stuff. glwts mate.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    Do you have an accurate weight for the guitar?

firks91 said:
    What do you mean by neck 'finish' and what don't you like about it? (Or do you mean neck shape?)
    no the finish. i hate the polyurethane and nitro finishes that fender (among others) on the necks. they feel sticky and what not. for me it either needs to be bare, satin finish or ebmm clear coat. i dont know what exactly musicman use on their guitars, but they just dont get sticky like many other guitars. 
    so i dont mean just this sig model, i mean fenders for the most part unfortunately. 
    According to my digital bathroom scales it weighs in at 7 pounds. Thee again my USA custom guitars Strat also weighs the same according to these scales - I don't think they are very accurate when reading light loads....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
     exocet said: According to my digital bathroom scales it weighs in at 7 pounds. Thee again my USA custom guitars Strat also weighs the same according to these scales - I don't think they are very accurate when reading light loads....
    No they're not unfortunately, need something more accurate really. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bit of a faff I know, but first weigh yourself, then weigh yourself with the guitar, subtract you're weight and there you have it. This is the only way I ever got a sensible weight of a guitar. I then weighed same guitar on Fishing Scales and that matched the bathrooom scales done as described.
    edited April 2014
    Using the revised "weights and measures" system, It now weighs in at 7 lb and 6 oz.. As for metric....I'm too old for that :)
    I traded this guitar for an amp.