Behringer X32?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
I’m looking at buying a new desk, I currently use the xr18 for PA work mixing bands most weeks.  I’m happy with the xr18 but we could do with a second desk so I’m looking at the x32. 

I’d appreciate any thoughts about the compact and producer models?     Looks like a small screen and no scribble strips on the channels but i can live with that.    Anything else I’m missing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The compact does have scribble strips and is the best compromise unless you must rack mount
    the main desk is excellent but really big so if you can live with less inputs (and pick up an s16 for onstage) they are great
    the routing is complicated but that’s always the way with digital desks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Thanks for that.    We actually bought a second xr18 on the reasoning that while the x33 does have more features, I’m so used to mixing on a tablet that I can live without physical faders and for a lot of gigs that smaller rack is better so it would have been the rack version.  
    I run 4 monitors mixes leaving two spare aux outputs for one stereo or two mono iem but only once has a band asked for them and in the last couple of years I can only think of one band that I needed more channels but they had a full brass section two backing singers and the keyboard player had 3 keys that he requested be in stereo - I grabbed my little backup desk to sub mix him.   

The cool thing for me about the x32 would be using the digital stage box instead of the multi core I use now but I’m not quite convinced I need the extra features yet and I suspect behringer are about to release something new so I might wait to see what is on the way.  
  • John_P said:
    Thanks for that.    We actually bought a second xr18 on the reasoning that while the x33 does have more features, I’m so used to mixing on a tablet that I can live without physical faders and for a lot of gigs that smaller rack is better so it would have been the rack version.  
    I run 4 monitors mixes leaving two spare aux outputs for one stereo or two mono iem but only once has a band asked for them and in the last couple of years I can only think of one band that I needed more channels but they had a full brass section two backing singers and the keyboard player had 3 keys that he requested be in stereo - I grabbed my little backup desk to sub mix him.   

The cool thing for me about the x32 would be using the digital stage box instead of the multi core I use now but I’m not quite convinced I need the extra features yet and I suspect behringer are about to release something new so I might wait to see what is on the way.  

Kepp your eye on Amazon via camel camel camel. I got my Compact brand new for £1035