No Regrets - Walker Brothers ; guitar solo?

EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I occasionally dabble in the Walker Brothers and Scott Walker. The guitar solo might not stand out by itself  but I love the way it comes in and then those fills between the vocals. And it's such a great song with that vocal which is just so rich and melancholic. I might add this to my list of songs to play at my funeral.* 

Anyone know who the guitarist was? lots of suggestions on google.

Ta 

* added to Going Down Slow by Howling Wolf and Should I Stay or Should I go by The Clash. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    No idea who the guitarist was but I really enjoyed that, the song and that solo.  Perfect song for a crappy day.  Also I was surprised to read it's from 1975 -- I'd always thought it was a 60s tune. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Grunfeld said:
    No idea who the guitarist was but I really enjoyed that, the song and that solo.  Perfect song for a crappy day.  Also I was surprised to read it's from 1975 -- I'd always thought it was a 60s tune. 
    I had little idea when the song was from  although the solo probably puts it into the 70s. 

Quite a few versions of this by various people, the original is a country song I think. Apparently Harry Belafonte had covered it before the Walker Brothers, sounds very unlikely so I'll have to find that. Looks like the solo was Alan Parker, session musician best known for the TOTP version of Whole Lotta Love.

But the Walker Brothers version is just sublime.