Marshall Cab Caster advice needed

chrisjac2chrisjac2 Frets: 67
Hey Fretboard,

Despite saying I was happy downsizing I have just taken ownership of a 100 watt Marshall head and cab! The Cab had the casters removed by the previous owner. 
Is it worth me replacing these with marshall casters and sockets, Around £36 or will something else do the same job for less money

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swivel-Castor-Wheels-Trolley-Furniture/dp/B00FHGGUT2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_267_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MKZKHJ9FE9SSQANFBN2X

Maybe something like this.
Dont mind spending the money if its worth it but is it just the name im buying??

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Depends if you want them to fit properly and be removable.

If the previous owner simply unscrewed the castors and left the sockets, you can just replace the castors which is cheaper.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Everything was removed unfortunately.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    I would still put them back properly. The correct ones are very good because they can be unscrewed if you don't want them on, and they also fit into the sockets on top of a second cab if you ever have the opportunity to do that, which non-original ones won't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Will do. Thanks for good advise again ICBM
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I had good luck finding originals on eBay, bought from a guy with old stuff if that's what you need.  His details are in a thread I posted roughly a year ago on restoring my cab.