The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot
1235711

Comments

  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Kalimna said:
    Possibly off-topic, but can anyone recommend a good breakfast place near the Bingley Hall for Sunday?
    There is nowhere near the venue I would recommend, we do have bacon sarnies if that helps

    Which way are you coming?
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 539
    Ahh, fair enough. Staying at Premier Inn, Gt Barr. Coming down from Stirling sat afternoon for show on sunday. And either prem inn brekky, or something closer to food.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    As someone that grew up in Great Barr, stick to the Premier Inn, your satnav will probably bring you through Hamstead - Handsworth - Hockley, you wouldn't really want to stop in any of them, not dangerous, just run down and a bit grimey
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 539
    Thanks for the advice, Jason. Much appreciated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Kalimna said:
    Thanks for the advice, Jason. Much appreciated.

    No worries, local knowledge is always best  :)
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SRichSRich Frets: 396
    Saturday for me..........as I have Steely Dan / Steve Winwood  commitments that night......should be a great day.

    "There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 5202
    SRich said:
    Saturday for me..........as I have Steely Dan / Steve Winwood  commitments that night......should be a great day.
    I was wanting to see that gig  can't make either Manchester or Birmingham so somewhat of a bummer - What a combination that should be - Tell me about it if you see me Sunday on my stand
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 3412
    Jason said:
    not dangerous, just run down and a bit grimey
    That’s a branding tag line right there :) 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    TimmyO said:
    Jason said:
    not dangerous, just run down and a bit grimey
    That’s a branding tag line right there :) 
    Thats why I don't have a show tagline...

    Honesty never works ;-)


    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 3412
    Jason said:
    TimmyO said:
    Jason said:
    not dangerous, just run down and a bit grimey
    That’s a branding tag line right there :) 
    Thats why I don't have a show tagline...

    Honesty never works ;-)


    Oh you thought I meant the show? :)
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    TimmyO said:
    Jason said:
    TimmyO said:
    Jason said:
    not dangerous, just run down and a bit grimey
    That’s a branding tag line right there :) 
    Thats why I don't have a show tagline...

    Honesty never works ;-)


    Oh you thought I meant the show? :)
    Nah, the shows would be "Great Show, Great Food, annoyingly small car park (but the roads are free)"

    Catchy eh!
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 2567
    Gassage said:
    Will be there on the Sunday as I have Six Nations work commitments on the Saturday.
    Inspiring stuff: what position do you play? :D 
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 193
    JerkMoans said:
    Gassage said:
    Will be there on the Sunday as I have Six Nations work commitments on the Saturday.
    Inspiring stuff: what position do you play? :D 
    He's a hooker.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 193
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Slimbert said:
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    wow, can I ask where you are coming from and what prompted a 15 year turnaround?

    I just want to know if a particular bit of marketing worked really, then do more of that :)
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 193
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    wow, can I ask where you are coming from and what prompted a 15 year turnaround?

    I just want to know if a particular bit of marketing worked really, then do more of that :)
    It's all Adrian Thorpes fault...I'm coming to collect a debt he owes me.

    I live in Norwich so a bit of a trek to do the round trip in one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Slimbert said:
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    wow, can I ask where you are coming from and what prompted a 15 year turnaround?

    I just want to know if a particular bit of marketing worked really, then do more of that :)
    It's all Adrian Thorpes fault...I'm coming to collect a debt he owes me.

    I live in Norwich so a bit of a trek to do the round trip in one day.
    So, what I need to do more of,     is find people Adrian owes :-)

    Thanks for replying
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 2268
    I haven’t been to one for probably 30 yrs, last time I went I was left with never wanting to hear another guitar as long as I lived ;) . There are only so many times you can listen to a swept minor arpeggio and bloody GnR riffs played out of tune and too loudly :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepy said:
    I haven’t been to one for probably 30 yrs, last time I went I was left with never wanting to hear another guitar as long as I lived ;) . There are only so many times you can listen to a swept minor arpeggio and bloody GnR riffs played out of tune and too loudly :)

    At the Brum show they have quiet periods and the acoustics are upstairs so it's not a constant barrage of widdle. Although after guitar shows I like to get in the car and turn the radio on just to hear someone sing. 
    Assholes are like opinions - mine’s on the internet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    sweepy said:
    I haven’t been to one for probably 30 yrs, last time I went I was left with never wanting to hear another guitar as long as I lived ;) . There are only so many times you can listen to a swept minor arpeggio and bloody GnR riffs played out of tune and too loudly :)
    Hopefully Bumblefoot playing GnR riffs will stop anyone else :)

    Give it a go, you never know, then you can decide if it was a good 30 year decision
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 193
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    wow, can I ask where you are coming from and what prompted a 15 year turnaround?

    I just want to know if a particular bit of marketing worked really, then do more of that :)
    It's all Adrian Thorpes fault...I'm coming to collect a debt he owes me.

    I live in Norwich so a bit of a trek to do the round trip in one day.
    So, what I need to do more of,     is find people Adrian owes :-)

    Thanks for replying
    In truth, I've been wanting to go for a few years but for one reason or another I just haven't made it.

    I almost made it the last Olympia show but it was too risky doing it on my own and at the time the short distance from the car park was too much for me to tackle.

    This show/venue seems much easier for cripples like me to get around.

    The other reason is that there's a few exhibitors at the show that have been very kind to me in one way or another since my leg came off. It'll be nice to finally meet them and say thanks in person.

    I know it'll wear me out but I'm genuinely looking forward to it. It sounds like it's going to be a great show.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markblagdonmarkblagdon Frets: 1009
    Jason said:
    sweepy said:
    I haven’t been to one for probably 30 yrs, last time I went I was left with never wanting to hear another guitar as long as I lived ;) . There are only so many times you can listen to a swept minor arpeggio and bloody GnR riffs played out of tune and too loudly :)
    Hopefully Bumblefoot playing GnR riffs will stop anyone else :)

    Give it a go, you never know, then you can decide if it was a good 30 year decision
    What day is bumblefoot playing?
    Karma......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Jason said:
    sweepy said:
    I haven’t been to one for probably 30 yrs, last time I went I was left with never wanting to hear another guitar as long as I lived ;) . There are only so many times you can listen to a swept minor arpeggio and bloody GnR riffs played out of tune and too loudly :)
    Hopefully Bumblefoot playing GnR riffs will stop anyone else :)

    Give it a go, you never know, then you can decide if it was a good 30 year decision
    What day is bumblefoot playing?
    Both days, really good line up this year on the live stage, I'm very happy with it
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JasonJason Frets: 505
    Slimbert said:
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Jason said:
    Slimbert said:
    Hotel booked Friday night so me and my daughter can attend on Saturday. It's my first show in at least 15 years!

    If anyone sees a fat pirate in a wheelchair, that'll probably be me.
    wow, can I ask where you are coming from and what prompted a 15 year turnaround?

    I just want to know if a particular bit of marketing worked really, then do more of that :)
    It's all Adrian Thorpes fault...I'm coming to collect a debt he owes me.

    I live in Norwich so a bit of a trek to do the round trip in one day.
    So, what I need to do more of,     is find people Adrian owes :-)

    Thanks for replying
    In truth, I've been wanting to go for a few years but for one reason or another I just haven't made it.

    I almost made it the last Olympia show but it was too risky doing it on my own and at the time the short distance from the car park was too much for me to tackle.

    This show/venue seems much easier for cripples like me to get around.

    The other reason is that there's a few exhibitors at the show that have been very kind to me in one way or another since my leg came off. It'll be nice to finally meet them and say thanks in person.

    I know it'll wear me out but I'm genuinely looking forward to it. It sounds like it's going to be a great show.
    Well, I hope you enjoy it and the trip is worthwhile
    The Guitar Show, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 98
    The Guitar Show is great. Really looking forward to it again next week.
    I'll be there for D'Addario of course, but I'll also be wandering around, trying out a lot of potential new toys ;)

    See you all there!

    Fretted Specialist for D'Addario UK
    Please feel free to reach out to me with queries about D'Addario.
    ____________________
    www.adamironside.com
    www.youtube.com/Adji87
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Adji said:
    The Guitar Show is great. Really looking forward to it again next week.
    I'll be there for D'Addario of course, but I'll also be wandering around, trying out a lot of potential new toys ;)

    See you all there!
    @Adji , is it true that the cool kidz are going to be in Brum on Friday?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 1826
    Adji said:
    The Guitar Show is great. Really looking forward to it again next week.
    I'll be there for D'Addario of course, but I'll also be wandering around, trying out a lot of potential new toys ;)

    See you all there!
    @Adji , is it true that the cool kidz are going to be in Brum on Friday?
    We're here every day Chris. Only problem is you can end up talking funny. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"


    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 1122
    Finally bought tickets for the Sunday, really looking forward to it :)

    .....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......


    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Will be there working with The Little Guitar Shop all weekend
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 21730
    Annoyingly I am working at Wales/Eng on Sat, but might pop in Sunday.

    Donald Trump has spoken movingly about 7-Eleven. It reminded him, he said, of the way Americans came together in 1941 after Pearl Necklace.

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.