Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I’m so very tempted to trade in my Bad Cat Hot Cat against a Kemper Rig and I have to say that in the past Peach have offered me top dollar on trade ins. I think it’s to the credit of this Forum and Peach that we have a good relationship and mutual respect, long may it continue, much to the detriment of my Bank Balance though ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have done a few trade-ins and they are pretty fair. I understand they need to make money and John knows I look after my gear so it works out.

I never get a price offer that upsets me like GG
  • Marshall_staxMarshall_stax Frets: 193
    edited September 2018
    Damn it! Now I want the PRS Mark Holcomb in the used section. Can someone else buy it so I can't please?
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Good shout on the trade ins as I think Peach easily give the best prices. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Everytime I think of Peach, I think of then they refurbed the shop and named it the The Peach Saloon which sounds like a lesbian bar.

They are an excellent bricks and mortar shop! They deserve every bit of praise and support in my opinion! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9308
    I just really don’t wish for us to become a soulless corporation, where it’s just fixated on being the cheapest price on google. A lot of our competitors use web rats to trawl through websites and automatically match or lower their prices. This applies to items they don’t have in stock as well, which means they often take orders and then can’t supply but this has a knock on affect to us, as we’ll often have the item in stock and then customers only see the best price on google and want us to match that. We'll always price match whenever we can, in all honesty we're a small team working very hard, but with over 1300 guitars on the wall plus everything else means it can often just be a while since we last looked at a price of a given item. There probably is some stuff in the clearance section that shouldn’t but Epiphone feels like it always is! We make more on selling strings sometimes than price matching Epiphone.

I’d much rather focus our time on offering great service to our customers,offering finance and part exchange deals and making sure each guitar that’s sent out of the door is absolutely spot on in terms of tone and playability.

We’re 14 guys that love guitar. Just talk to us. 
    You guys have pretty much always done me a great deal when I've been into store or called you. On the few times you've been more expensive, it hasn't been by much and the service has more than compensated for the few quid I'd have saved with a box shifter
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    edited September 2018
    Adamski said:
    Good shout on the trade ins as I think Peach easily give the best prices. 

Agree, they quoted me £600 more than a larger chain for one of my Suhr Classic Antiques (which I decided to keep)... I was annoyed at the larger chain as I had that Suhr and another from them and the guitar I was planning to trade against wasn’t cheap... 

anyhow, i know where my future business will be going!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2018
    I'd like to see some bass gear demos from Peach but I'm sure they'll come in good time, and be great, 

• I’m bloody lucky to have Peach 10 minutes away from my house...

well... it’s lucky and a curse as I’m forever bombarded by great gear that I end up buying.

It really is a sensational store, awesome customer service too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just really don’t wish for us to become a soulless corporation, where it’s just fixated on being the cheapest price on google. A lot of our competitors use web rats to trawl through websites and automatically match or lower their prices. This applies to items they don’t have in stock as well, which means they often take orders and then can’t supply but this has a knock on affect to us, as we’ll often have the item in stock and then customers only see the best price on google and want us to match that. We'll always price match whenever we can, in all honesty we're a small team working very hard, but with over 1300 guitars on the wall plus everything else means it can often just be a while since we last looked at a price of a given item. There probably is some stuff in the clearance section that shouldn’t but Epiphone feels like it always is! We make more on selling strings sometimes than price matching Epiphone.

I’d much rather focus our time on offering great service to our customers,offering finance and part exchange deals and making sure each guitar that’s sent out of the door is absolutely spot on in terms of tone and playability.

We’re 14 guys that love guitar. Just talk to us. 
    Great post, great attitude...
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I’m bloody lucky to have Peach 10 minutes away from my house...

well... it’s lucky and a curse as I’m forever bombarded by great gear that I end up buying.

It really is a sensational store, awesome customer service too.

It's a 20 minute drive away from me, so I still consider myself lucky. ;)
  • The best thing about Peach is the videos they do of the guitars in the item description. Those videos REALLY show you and let you hear what a guitar is like. Often a top will look different in the flesh but those videos go a long way to avoiding confusion!
  • To be honest, I'm quite surprised nobody's posted about Pete Thorn's masterclass at Peach this evening...
    <space for hire>
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    The best thing about Peach is the videos they do of the guitars in the item description. Those videos REALLY show you and let you hear what a guitar is like. Often a top will look different in the flesh but those videos go a long way to avoiding confusion!
    Yep, and that young lad that does the demos is a great player (as is John).
  • To be honest, I'm quite surprised nobody's posted about Pete Thorn's masterclass at Peach this evening...
    Did you go?

I went to it and it was brilliant. Peach are killing it lately with their evening events and clinics!!

I've been to 2 Nick Johnston ones which were excellent. At the second Mark Holcomb was there too and his sound was huge. That particular evening was a fundraiser for a local young girl with cancer needing special treatment. It was a brilliant cause and they had a raffle, which was great because you could win some nice gear but even if you didn't you knew the money would be going to help this girl and her family. As it turns out my friend won a £900 Holcomb SE!!!!!! 

The Pete Thorn masterclass was so good. He's a great guy and was so generous with his time afterwards.

Can't wait for the Joey Landreth event at Peach this coming Monday.

Peach will definitely be getting all my business from now on. They have so much great gear, and I love that they are so passionate and happy to let you demo gear properly instead of hovering over your shoulder.
  • Also, when you arrive at these clinics, they welcome you in and give you a choice of FREE Beer to drink while watching the clinic!!!! What more could you possibly ask for from a guitar shop??
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did you go?
    Nope. One of my friends (the guy who replaced me in BHD, and who I subsequently replaced when he moved away) works there, and taunts me with photos of the shop on a regular basis.
    <space for hire>
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    To be honest, I'm quite surprised nobody's posted about Pete Thorn's masterclass at Peach this evening...
    Well, the Epsom one :)
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/138272/pete-peach#latest

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Also, when you arrive at these clinics, they welcome you in and give you a choice of FREE Beer to drink while watching the clinic!!!! What more could you possibly ask for from a guitar shop??

Decent beer?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep. A choice of Budweiser or various craft beers last time. (Not that I’d complain at any free beer!)