SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS GSPASSES/LAMF68 Jazzmaster loaded with Full Mastery & Mojo *SOLD PENDING*

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
Soooo, just for the sport of it I thought I'd try and get my money back on a self build. I know, utter utter madness !

https://i.imgur.com/97Ch65o.jpg

Right, body & neck are from our very own GSPBASSES, Cant say for sure whether the body is Alder or Ash but I think Alder.
Neck is Maple with a Rosewood Board 9.5" rad board, not a massive neck, maybe a bit more "beef" than a standard "C" but nothing too divisive.

https://i.imgur.com/R6WlLGF.jpg

Paint job by yer man Rich out in Port Talbot,all nitro, matching headstock, kind of had the Jap Mascis sig as insipration but it's a bit different to that, bit lighter, looks incredible under lights neck feels like an old friend in the hand (ahem).. 

https://i.imgur.com/Uaf3tYt.jpg

Full Mastery Bridge & Trem complete with "UFO" trem tip, paired with a set of Gotoh Locking tuners and a Graphtech string tree down the other end to keep the tuning under control 

Mojo 58-64 pickups with the 5% overwind on the bridge ad unusually a loom by Shugz 

Guitar is currently holidaying in London with our very own @guitargeek62 partly because I figured that the population density is greater near him than me so there is more chance of a potential buyer being able to eyeball it/try it first but also it seemed pointless double posting it, firstly to me in Glasgow then on to the new owner. That said if anyone local to me is interested we can pull it back up this way for your try out pleasure

So heres the dilemma. We all know that you dont get the money you put into a self build back and much as I can list out how much the components would cost to buy you can (as I might do) shrug and say "So what ?" But my thinking is that I'll put it up for

£650+P&P

and if I cant get that or close to it I might as well break it for parts which is a shame as it is a killer cool guitar with all the right bits on it. But if there are no takers and there is sufficent interest in say the Mastery bits and the pickups & loom I could maybe shift those on and mothball the body, or something ?

But really, imagine how much it would cost to bring your Mascis or your VMJM or your Classic Player up to these specs, sell it on, buy this, revel in the Purpleness

UPDATE

Right I was going to get this sent back to me whilst I ponder my next move but we're looking to move house so I could without additional clutter right now. So if there's anyone in London or near-ish ( @guitargeek62 might be able to do a bit of travel to meet up) who wants it it's

£550
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3848
    I'll definitely be interested in a few bits if you do part it out. Let me know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s a fantastic colour, and you have the coolest garden figures in the galaxy!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovey 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    @sid51green I can’t take the credit for the garden furniture that’s @guitargeek62’s place !
    @Lebarque I’ll let you know if it comes to it
  • What's the width of the neck at the nut?
    Danchi said:
    What's the width of the neck at the nut?
    I would refer you to my glamorous young assistant @guitargeek62 who might be able to bust out a ruler 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited September 2018
    I like the look of this. Can I ask, is it normal Jazzmaster scale 25.5, or more Jaguar 24?. I only ask because it looks quite short, but that may just be the surroundings confusing the eyes

MikeS said:
    I like the look of this. Can I ask, is it normal Jazzmaster scale 25.5, or more Jaguar 24?. I only ask because it looks quite short, but that may just be the surroundings confusing the eyes
    It is a stock full fat 25.5”’scale 
  • DrBob said:
    Danchi said:
    What's the width of the neck at the nut?
    I would refer you to my glamorous young assistant @guitargeek62 who might be able to bust out a ruler 
    Apologies - didn’t see this! Should be able to confirm the width this eve!
  • I would be interested in the trem and loom if you fancy splitting at some point. 

Edit - Is the mastery an M1 or M2 ? I would want the one to fit the MIJ models. 

Good luck though.
    blueskunk said:
    I would be interested in the trem and loom if you fancy splitting at some point. 

Good luck though.
    Hey mate did you actually mean the trem ? Or the bridge or the set ? I ask because I just had a look at the Mastery website and it’s only the bridge that seems to come as an M1 or an M2 I think the trem unit stays the same.

I think it’s an M1 btw @impmann it’s your old one, any ideas ? 
  • DrBob said:
    blueskunk said:
    I would be interested in the trem and loom if you fancy splitting at some point. 

Good luck though.
    Hey mate did you actually mean the trem ? Or the bridge or the set ? I ask because I just had a look at the Mastery website and it’s only the bridge that seems to come as an M1 or an M2 I think the trem unit stays the same.

I think it’s an M1 btw @impmann it’s your old one, any ideas ? 
    M1 masterys fit in mij JMs.

You are right the M1/M2 is only on the bridge not the vibrato unit. 

I could be interested in the vibrato unit if you do split. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    The bridge was the US spec one as it had been in my AVRI previously
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
    The bridge was the US spec one as it had been in my AVRI previously
    Thanks Tim !

Okay so an update 

Looks like its garnering more interest in component form than as a complete unit, which is a shame but I suppose that's the point of self builds, my perfect spec wont be the same as anyone else's right ? 

There's definitely been some interest in the Trem Unit, bridge, & loom and there has also been a tickle on the Body & neck so i am now open to breaking it for parts.

So I was thinking;

Body & Neck £250
    Mastery Trem £125
    Mastery Bridge £100
    Locking Tuners £30 (you'll need to buy new bushings, I dont fancy trying to get the old ones out)
    Loom (On pickguard) £50
    Pickups £70 

Would do a bit of a deal on multibuys and will probably only start this process if the neck & body and/or trem & bridge sell

Only caveat is that I cant now organise getting the parts out until Sept 17th so if we wanted to thrash out details in the meantime do let me know !

• Can I call dibs on the mastery vibrato unit please?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Can I call dibs on the mastery vibrato unit please?
    At the asking price ? Yes you can but I would say that I’d be looking to get sales on a couple more bits before committing to splitting it, is that ok ? 
  • That's absolutely fine mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for the weekend crowd !
  • pm about the bridge :)
  • Just read properly and the M1 bridge won’t fit into my MIJ. 

I’d be happy to buy the loom and pickups :)