SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PENDING: 80s Marshall JCM800 50 Watt Lead 2x12 Combo (4212) - £300

LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
edited September 2018 in Amps £
Hello all,

First time I've been on here in a while!

I'm out of the band game now so looking to move my Marshall on as it's just taking room up in my house.
Got a mini valve amp that I jam with at home, so no need for this beast anymore.

I'm thinking 300 quid is somewhat of a bargain price.. anyone fancy it for that?
Not been serviced for a while, but still in perfect working order.
Should be plenty of life left in the valves as they didn't see much action after the last service.
However, please feel free to come and check it out with no obligation to buy it.

Minor bad points - there's a tear in the front grill cloth, and the cloth's also faded to a sort of beige-y colour. Looks cool.
Also, the reverb tank could do with replacing. Think you can get an Accutronics replacement for about 25 quid.
Last thing, if you don't have the footswitch plugged in, the amp is permanently on the high gain/lead channel.
However, once the foot switch (comes with the amp) is plugged in, it works fine and you can switch between both channels normally.

It's been well gigged so there's probably a few other little bumps and rips here and there, but it's only cosmetic.
The amp itself sounds as good as ever.

Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers!
Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Going to make myself unpopular but you should be able to get more than that, but if it needs to go, it needs to go. Post a few pics and you’ll get more bites but as I type this I’d be surprised if it’s still available 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PM'd
  • sweepy said:
    Going to make myself unpopular but you should be able to get more than that, but if it needs to go, it needs to go. Post a few pics and you’ll get more bites but as I type this I’d be surprised if it’s still available 
    Hi mate!

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ye, I had it advertised some time again for about £450 (ono) but didn't get many bites.
    I'm at the point now where I'd rather get a bit less for it, and just have a quick hassle-free sale, as opposed to holding out for more and then wait it out for a potentially long time.

Plus it'll be nice to see it go to someone who's going to get some proper use out of it, as it's completely wasted on me now.
    If I ever got back in to the whole band game, I'd definitely have another, but that doesn't look likely for the considerable future due to work commitments etc.

I did the same with my old Yammy SA around December last year (advertised it for considerably less than I probably should have got) - got a nice quick sale, met an old school Fretboarder in the process who was a thoroughly nice bloke, and it went to someone who finished the project that I knew I'd never get round to.
    Hopefully he's getting a lot of enjoyment out of it now, as it had the potential to be an absolute beast of a guitar, and definitely a real head turner (was refinished in gold sparkle).

Anyway, back to the Marshall.. looks like I may have a buyer, so I'll mark this as sold pending the usual :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!