Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender-coloured Fiats spotters society

What's Hot

Comments

• Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    So is the ‘Hearing Aid Beige’ one I keep seeing, really Desert Sand?
    Yes. Get a snap and post it here please.
    http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/richardhomer/media/0D244879-A757-4C74-8FEA-F0173225681C.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0
    That's the spirit! Top man. Glorious!
    Taken in McDonald’s car park, Chorlton, Manchester some years ago....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3863
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    So is the ‘Hearing Aid Beige’ one I keep seeing, really Desert Sand?
    Yes. Get a snap and post it here please.
    http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/richardhomer/media/0D244879-A757-4C74-8FEA-F0173225681C.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0
    That's the spirit! Top man. Glorious!
    Taken in McDonald’s car park, Chorlton, Manchester some years ago....
    I think we've found the founding member of the society!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    Lebarque said:
    Oi, @WezV , that's cheating! Proper spots only!
    In fairness, they were not googled for this thread, but saved some years ago from a discussion on sonic blue.
    The light makes it look a bit dark, but this one was a lovely fiesta red

Burgundy mist lurking in the car park at work

Another one spotted at work: charcoal frost!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I saw a 1960s RELIC the other day 
    Prize for the first to spot a 3 tone sunburst (or a fire damaged brown one )

• Might be Fender colours, but in a crash a Telecaster is a safer place to be.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited September 2018
    Fucking Fiat Fucking Five Fucking Hundreds. They're everywhere. I hate them.

More to the point, they're always in the way, usually with somebody "driving" them who hasn't got a bloody clue what they're doing. And when they do decide to do something, like get on a dual carriageway, the acceleration is so piss-poor that you have to wait until they've got into traffic, the kind soul who let them out has slammed on the anchors because they can't get up to speed properly, then leave it a car or two and then get on yourself when every approaching car has given up any idea of getting where they're going on time.

Just as an example.

Fucking Fiat 500s.

Ugh.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I rented a car when I was working in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and I got a seafoam green Fiat 500... I haven't got any photos of it though
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

More to the point, they're always in the way, usually with somebody "driving" them who hasn't got a bloody clue what they're doing. And when they do decide to do something, like get on a dual carriageway, the acceleration is so piss-poor that you have to wait until they've got into traffic, the kind soul who let them out has slammed on the anchors because they can't get up to speed properly, then leave it a car or two and then get on yourself when every approaching car has given up any idea of getting where they're going on time.

Just as an example.

Fucking Fiat 500s.

Ugh.
    Yes, I can quite imagine they'd get in the way of your BMW, @digitalscream ;  ;0)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:

Just as an example.

Fucking Fiat 500s.

Ugh.
    Yes, I can quite imagine they'd get in the way of your BMW, @digitalscream ;  ;0)
    Wouldn't be seen dead in a Beemer, thankyouverymuch.

Ford Puma here. Much more fun...when there isn't a Fucker 500 in the way ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw this vintage Olympic White in Rome a couple of years ago. Accompanied by a Sonic Blue and something yellow-ish (maybe a refin?!) but they weren't as photogenic.

Fontana Fiat
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    I have Fiat 500L
    I'd say it's olympic white and has a skunk stripe.

I need a new car. 
  • 18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Does that mean this is a ZZ Top model?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    edited September 2018
    There was a seafoam green Fiat parked just around the corner whilst I was walking the dog. If I knew about this thread I would've snapped a pic. 
    I'm off out again soon, if it's still there I'll get a picture. 

Update: Car was gone. Poop. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fiesta Red:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s an Olympic white one that regularly parks outside my house. I’ve painted PISS OFF SCUM on it in a lovely contrasting Fiesta Red. 
    I have a little coda to this.  I didn't actually paint anything on it ( I was exaggerating for comic effect) but this car has been parked outside my house most days for the last couple of months. I would occasionally see the driver who would go into a house on the next street. The car wasn't really causing me any inconvenience but it seemed curious that someone would park 100 yards from where they live every day rather than in front of their own house. 

Well, the car has been clamped and then unclamped and put on the back of a trailer by people I think were bailiffs.  Presumably parking it by my house was an attempt to keep it out of sight of debtors, albeit an unsuccessful one. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The seafoam car reappeared.. Phone camera has dulled it slightly. There were also people about so I took it from across the road as I was passing.. Anxiety and all that.