Challenge?

What's Hot
Is it time for another Building/Modding challenge yet?......

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Hi Paul. been working on (and messing up) a from scratch build for a while now. Could use some motivation and opinions tbh so happy to put a deadline on it and start a thread. So yes, lets get a little challenge going! What timeframe are you thinking?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    The last one ran for 3 months and I think that is about right, no idea what the theme of the challenge should be though....I'm just suggesting  it might be time to have another?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• There’s one coming ;)
    I kinda misread the original post, sorry. May start a thread on what I’m doing now anyway. I’m up for joining another themed challenge too
    I have a pedal kit to buy and build and a Jet City head to build a cab for to convert to a combo.......several shabby bodies, necks and parts......all begging for attention....

edited September 2018
    Pedal build could be fun. I’d be up for doing a kit build challenge too though, I have a build on the go now but happy to tag a kit build on there. Could use practice on sanding and finishing. Any hints on a theme @Bridgehouse ?
  • eSully said:
    Pedal build could be fun. I’d be up for doing a kit build challenge too though, I have a build on the go now but happy to tag a kit build on there. Could use practice on sanding and finishing. Any hints on a theme @Bridgehouse ?
    It’s not my bag - was just involved in discussions as a M&M regular - but the last bit of discussion was certainly similar to this thread ;)

@WezV ?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I was waiting for a yay or nay from the powers that be... but my idea was a “Build a kit” challenge.

Could be any kit, spend what you want and mod as much as you like

i like the idea of having it split into sections. 

1)prep, plan and gather parts.  2-4 weeks
    2) build. 1-2 months
    3) vote for a winner.  1 week

given the mix of skill levels and kits the vote would need to be for the most entertaining thread, or something like that.
    Sounds like a plan!....

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    I have been meaning to do a first kit pedal so would be interested
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    I still haven't finished the first one. I like to get vfm on these things.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • @TTony - are we a go-er for a kit challenge?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27491
    For some reason, I thought Mr @Roland was going to be caretaking this (per our other discussions).

If there's enough interest, we could look at  trying to get a deal out of one of the retailers, or even look at importing them directly.

There was also a suggestion that someone like @WezV might consider showing people how to put them together, perhaps through a few scheduled sessions (ie the quiet times) at the Guitar Show?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    TTony said:
    For some reason, I thought Mr @Roland was going to be caretaking this (per our other discussions).
    ... and I thought that @WezV was orchestrating it on the basis that we keep Moderation separate from content contribution. I’m happy to do it if Wez is too busy with other things.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Kit build? Yes! I've nearly finished my first so I won't win it but at least I can enter
    edited September 2018
    Roland said:
    TTony said:
    ... and I thought that @WezV was orchestrating it on the basis that we keep Moderation separate from content contribution. I’m happy to do it if Wez is too busy with other things.
    i think its clear we all got our wires crossed in that conversation.   

I am happy to organise a challenge, but may not have time to take part with a full guitar build.   I shared my idea with you all, but didn't really get much feedback.   

If i'm doing it i would like to know you are both happy with my suggestions, or give some feedback on the areas you think could do with tightening up.   i don't mind, but i do think we need more structure than the previous challenges with shorter timescales and an actual winner, even if ts just the prize of kudos

i want it to be possible for anyone to enter and i want it to add something to the forum, which is why i think the "winner" should be judged on entertainment value rather than quality of output.   That always going to be difficult to get right, and there will always be someone who feels they lost out to a clique however we do it.   Feck all that, lets do it anyway

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Got my kit on standby!..

:)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ nice log
    poopot said:
    Got my kit on standby!..

if i'm in charge i am going to write something into the rules for fools like you ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    WezV said:
    poopot said:
    Got my kit on standby!..

if i'm in charge i am going to write something into the rules for fools like you ;)
    It’ll be fine!... what’s the worse that can happen...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom