When you are wrong you are wrong!

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
I had an arion distortion pedal as my first ever pedal and never liked it, as soon as I discovered overdrive realised that was my sound not distortion, never play metal or anything particularly heavy.  Was at @Fuengi s on Monday and as I was leaving he said to try a rat clone he got from a local pedal builder, I said yeah why not.  Plugged it in earlier, brought a huge smile to my face and even caught myself playing the riff from 'the final countdown' which I don't remember ever learning.

What a fab pedal, sorry @Fuengi it caught fire and was disintegrated so there is nothing left to give back not even debris : )
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    :)

Funny, I originally used to think I preferred 'overdrive' (as in a natural amp sound) to 'distortion' (a nasty sound used by metal players etc)... until I accidentally got a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal - and discovered that my favourite sounds on it were all to the 'distortion' side of the mix control.

I then discovered that what I think of as a good amp overdrive sound is actually quite often more like a mild pedal distortion than it is like a pedal overdrive. The Rat is a good example, and in fact will do a pretty good 'overdrive' sound if you keep the distortion low and the filter high.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    That's ok @munckee I'm sure you're insured!! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom