SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Duoton Lo-Diver

What's Hot
Price: £1150
  Lead Time: 4-5 months to build
  Financing: Can split payments in parts
  Partial Trade-ins: Yes

I am proud to announce that I am taking orders on my own made, own design Duoton Lo-Diver offsets.

It's a brand new guitar model, with a new approach to guitar building. I use different wood types for the bass and treble parts of the tonal range to make guitars more predictable and more consistent in production. 

Specs:
- Ash+Alder body with chestnut back.
- Maple+Ebony neck, 25.5", 24-3/4", or 24".
- Your choice of neck profile and radius (C shape / 12" is default)
- Nitro finish.
- Pickups of choice (BKP / Lindy Fralin P90s).
- Vintage style tuners, regular or locking.
- Staytrem bridge.
- Bourns premium pots and USSR capacitor.
- Copper shielding comes stock.
- JM trem, Hardtail, or Dusenberg trem.

I accept split payments for the production period, and can look forward to partial trade-ins for your gear.

Build time is up to 4-5 months, and my principle is "it takes as long as necessary until it is great. I build several necks and try them with a given body, until I find a perfect tonal match. This is very important and takes time! 

Sound sample:

Duoton Project FB page: http://facebook.com/lodiver/

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• russianbearrussianbear Frets: 246
    Original JP6 by Music Man USA. Never modded, original frets and electronics. Original hard case. The neck is very beautiful. There is a place where nitro on the neck has deteriorated due to the contact with the wall hanger. Apart from that, it is as good as new.

I am located in Varna, Bulgaria, and ship to UK regularly. No issues or customer complaints so far.
    £1290 shipped, there are no import fees.

You can also buy this from my Reverb

will consider part-ex' for other geetars & gear, offer WYG

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    £750 shipped. No customs/fees/whatever any other unexpected nonesense.

A very rare "stone logo" 1978 Fernandes FLG60 (with a Fernandes logo instead of "Burny"), manufactured at the Tokai factory.

Absolutely intact electronically, and as close to excellent condition as a 40 year old instrument can be. The sound is as always, never disappoints.

Brand new hard case.
    It's 4.5kgs, and a medium C neck.

£1100

it's that very year when AVRI series was with nitro finish (they did not make them for a very long time with NC lacquer). It has a terrific relic that's so cool in the hands.

Original G&G hard case. Mustang bridge upgrade. Trem arm. Shipping to UK is free.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

£950 shipped in hard case. Shipping from EU is still tax-free.

Selling a finished prototype of Duoton Jag Jr. The "jr" here stands for a reshaped slightly smaller body that fits into ANY hard case (pictured in the smallest one for Fender Mustang).

I made it to test out the new design, and it is a well playing guitar, but being a prototype, it does not represent the future Jag Jr builds precisely. 

• Body: ash (one of the things we were testing is how heavy ash performs here). The body is pretty heavy, 4 kgs / 8.8lbs. It is built thinner than regular Jaguars.
    • Neck: mildly flamed plain maple / rosewood
    • Scale: it is a 25.5" body, that would accept any Strat neck built to standards. 
    • Neck scale: conversion 24". This neck is designed to fit a Strat, decreasing its effective length to 24".
    • Pickups: Iron Gear Hot Slag / Seymour Pearly Gates. These work very well here.
    • Wiring: 2x Coil split pots + split mode ON/OFF switch 
    • Bridge: 9.5" Staytrem
    • Electronics: Bourns pots, USSR paper in oil capacitor.
    • Tuners: Wilkinson Staggered
    • Hard Case.

The guitar is located in EU, so it's an easy, tax-free purchase for EU / UK buyers.

Disclaimer on finish: unlike big companies, we use pure nitro finish, that is very brittle, much the same technology that was used back in the 60s. For that reason, even our NEWLY made guitars will sometimes have paint chips, checking, light scratches, and other forms of light relic, especially in places with sharp angles (e.g. neck pocket). Those things are absolutely unavoidable, and Duotons will age naturally over time.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Multiple threads merged
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    Not to derail the thread but I thought all the AVRI Jags were finished in nitro?

Either way, have a bump for some cool stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Not sure about the Jags as I did not have too many of them, but AVRI strats were mostly polyurethane.