Malcolm Young to be on next AC/DC album

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/09/ac-dc-malcolm-young-new-album/

Salute the rock gods! The six-string lightning of Malcolm Young will strike down yet again.

According to JAM Magazine, which cites “a reliable source inside the AC/DC camp,” the band’s follow-up to 2014’s Rock or Bust will feature the late guitarist on every track, thanks to unused guitar tracks that have been collecting dust for more than a decade.

“Turns out, five years prior to the Black Ice LP, AC/DC’s 15th studio release, Angus and Malcolm Young lived [sic] together where they literally wrote hundreds of songs,” the publication reports, “many were recorded and have been stashed away until now.

“Angus has decided to selected the best tracks from those recordings that Malcolm played on and is now back in the studio recording and mixing them with fellow band mates Phil Rudd, Cliff Williams and yes, Brian Johnson on vocals.”

That latter part would jive with recent reports that Rudd and Johnson were spotted with Angus and Stevie Young outside of a recording studio in Vancouver, where they’ve previously worked. Of course, jury’s still out on whether Axl Rose is still involved.

Nevertheless, Malcolm’s involvement should quell many fan’s anxieties about the new record, which has yet to be formally announced. Stay tuned to this developing story.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited September 2018
    Interesting. Though if it’s the stuff they didn’t want on Black Ice it could be iffy  
    Having said that, having the other guys on board will be good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Awesome
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22794

It seems a bit of a dramatic about-face after all that happened with Phil, Brian being effectively frozen out and Cliff retiring.

Oh well, let's wait and see....

• Presumably they aren’t going to tour this line up, which would make it easier to get everyone together. Perhaps as a tribute following Mal’s passing, a BiB for Mal, you could say.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6998
    The terrible cynic in me suspects this is going to be a ‘scraping the bottom of the barrel’ album like Made In Heaven.
    Cols said:
    The terrible cynic in me suspects this is going to be a ‘scraping the bottom of the barrel’ album like Made In Heaven.
    Or The Endless River?
  • ColsCols Frets: 6998
    Philly_Q said:
    Cols said:
    Or The Endless River?
    Spot on.

I was listening to Powerage last night and it's SO much better than the last however-many albums.  I thought hmmm, they should've jacked it in years ago really.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Philly_Q said:
    Cols said:
    Or The Endless River?
    Just what i was going to say.