The The

What's Hot

The The have been touring - any fans and has anyone seen them?
I've been aware of them since Reading Fest 93 - I was there but didn't see them - but have never listened to them much.
Anyway I saw them in Festival Number 6 on Saturday night and I am certainly a convert - superb songs, intelligent lyrics and messages, just quality. Been listening to Mind Bomb this afternoon, with Johnny Marr's harmonica and guitar playing, it's just brilliant.

Anyway, what album should I listen to next?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Dusk is my favourite. More Marr and probably their ‘rockiest’... albeit The The style rock.
  • Infected is my favourite, but I do like Dusk.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    Infected and Soul Mining too... they're all good I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    I hear that in the North they are called T T.......Bloody Michael McIntyre.  B)
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Soul mining and infected were my favourite albums. I saw them play the Portsmouth guild hall during the Mind Bomb tour - A great show I was stood just in front with matt johnson just on my left and johnny marr just to my right :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited September 2018
    Nikc said:
    Soul mining and infected were my favourite albums. I saw them play the Portsmouth guild hall during the Mind Bomb tour - A great show I was stood just in front with matt johnson just on my left and johnny marr just to my right

Wow given; that must have been incredible.

The current guitarist, Barrie Cadogan, did a damn good job in Marr's place. His Jazzmaster (which apparently is a Philippe Dubreuille custom guitar) really cut through the mix.

Listened to Dusk last night; very good.

• blobbblobb Frets: 2950
    Nikc said:
    .... with matt johnson just on my left and johnny marr just to my right :)
    ...with balaclava helmets ooover their heads?

I saw them in Portsmouth Pyramids a few years back. I saw a flight case with THE THE written on some gaffa tape - that tape somehow managed to find it's way onto my guitar case. How that happened is a mystery, ahem.

Great band. Matt talks sense, he was bemoaning the forthcoming internet age all night when I saw him.

Loved the bits in Johnny's book about how he crashed on MJ's floor when he had journeyed to London to hawk his Smiths demo tape. Matt was spread out on the floor with a portastudio making Soul Mining at the time.

I'll put Jool's piano solo in the mix...you know the one. And the duets with Neneh / Sinead.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'