Guitar Building Course

Hi all,

I came across a post for an online designing and building course on TFB recently as I'd like to have a go..

Can't find it for the life of me... anyone be able to point me to it? TFB post had list of tools and link to courses..

Thanks,

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27649
    Could it have been the Mark Bailey course on the Udemy site?

If so (or if not!) take a look at the baileyguitars.co.uk website because I think he’s using other delivery platforms too now.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    edited September 2018
    I think you're looking for Mark Bailey. There's his main website : baileyguitars.co.uk, and there's his online guitar building website : guitarmaking.co.uk

I've been on 3 of his workshop guitar building courses in the past and made very good guitars under his guidance. He's currently putting the finishing touches to a custom guitar, that I've asked him to make. I was paying him a visit only 2 days ago.
  • Perfect - thanks chaps :)
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I have built 2 guitars with Mark, and can vouch for the quality of the guitars he gets you to produce. I have no experience with his online course, however.
    If it is online you are perhaps looking for, then an alternative would be Robbie O'Briens courses.  https://obrienguitars.com/courses

He has produced (or overseen - there are 'guest' instructors for some of the instruments built that are outside of Robbies' expertise) courses for quite a few different types of guitar/stringed instrument. Of the ones I have, they are excellent.

Something else to consider would be books on guitar building - even if you don't follow them to the letter, having a second way of doing things is often very useful. I would recommend those by Martin Hiscox (electric or acoustic), and the bible of guitarmaking, Cumpiano & Natelson.

Either way, good luck,
    Adam