Unknown Flanger/ Phaser pedal help

What's Hot
Could anyone help me to identify this flanger/ phaser I have found and maybe give some information about its value? I can't find anything about it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks interesting whatever it is. How does it sound?
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Looks like a Sata-Lite Phaser Flanger to me, no need to thank me =) ! My guess would be it's 80s, have you opened it up, any stickers underside/inside?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's one I've never heard of! I don't suppose there's any chance of a gutshot?
    :-)

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • That's one I've never heard of! I don't suppose there's any chance of a gutshot?

Not yet, I’m considering buying it off my employer but I don’t know how much to offer as I can’t find anything about it. If I do, I’ll be sure to take one 
    Haven’t tried it yet, I’ll be surprised if it works 
  • Doesn’t seem to be a way to switch it to phaser? Looks like standard flanger controls to me.
  • Doesn’t seem to be a way to switch it to phaser? Looks like standard flanger controls to me.
    They’re both pretty similar anyway, I suppose the colour would probably change the number of notches/ poles which is the main difference between the two anyway

I opened it up, turns out it’s a home made attempt. I won’t scar you with the shabby soldering inside 
    Tried it today, sounded more like a chorus/ Slap back delay
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Doesn’t seem to be a way to switch it to phaser? Looks like standard flanger controls to me.
    They’re both pretty similar anyway, I suppose the colour would probably change the number of notches/ poles which is the main difference between the two anyway
    They're actually not really very similar, although they can sound quite alike at low intensity settings. Phaser works by modulating phase shift (ie related to the harmonic content of the signal), flanging works by modulating delay (ie independent of the signal). As you turn the effect up - depth or especially resonance/feedback - the difference becomes more apparent.

Liamgilmour928 said:

I opened it up, turns out it’s a home made attempt. I won’t scar you with the shabby soldering inside 
    Are you sure? The case looks fairly well-done for a DIY job, and the soldering inside some 70s/early-80s Japanese pedals was horrendous!

Liamgilmour928 said:

Sounds like it's probably a flanger.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Doesn’t seem to be a way to switch it to phaser? Looks like standard flanger controls to me.
    They're actually not really very similar, although they can sound quite alike at low intensity settings. Phaser works by modulating phase shift (ie related to the harmonic content of the signal), flanging works by modulating delay (ie independent of the signal). As you turn the effect up - depth or especially resonance/feedback - the difference becomes more apparent.

Liamgilmour928 said:

Are you sure? The case looks fairly well-done for a DIY job, and the soldering inside some 70s/early-80s Japanese pedals was horrendous!

Liamgilmour928 said:

Sounds like it's probably a flanger.
    That picture does the case more justice than how it looks up close. The writing appears to be done with a brush and stencil as it’s very blobby, and could be easily made with a sheet metal bender. 

My boss seems to believe it’s a home made attempt and he was trained by the bbc a while back. Sending photos will be difficult although as there is a lot of foam/sponge material that is being kept in place by some wiring used for the mains supply.