Would this be sacrilege?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
I'm due to be picking up a LP Junior Special tomorrow and i'm already thinking about having it routed for a bridge humbucker, if not both humbuckers.

Good/bad idea? It's cheap enough that I don't need to worry about resale (not that I ever do) and it will give me the relative low noise grunt of my favourite pickups.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Why not P100s as a straight drop in instead?
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Do you have any P90 equipped guitars at the moment?  If not then I suggest you live with it for a while first in different situations - home, gig, whatever.  P90's are wonderful pickups, give yourself some time to get used to them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader

P90s RULE!!    Dark growly goodness.....

As mentioned. Play them for a while.. Most people tend to like them given a bit of time.

• Jason said:
    Because they're considered vile. Creamery does a p90 sized humbucker & there was one in the classifieds not long ago.
  • Yes - that would be sacrilege....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Because they're considered vile. Creamery does a p90 sized humbucker & there was one in the classifieds not long ago.
    I had some in an ES135 I thought they were fine. 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    edited September 2018
    I didn’t like the p100s in my junior special (though I am a fan of p90s) bit like you fancied a change. I got Mojo to wind me some hot filtertron sized for a p90 rout, it’s now a very articulate beast that rocks. 
    https://flic.kr/p/29UrLLA
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28189
    I'd say give it a darned good playing before making any changes.

I'd then say that the DiMarzio P90-sized humbuckers are probably the best looking pickups in the world. They also sound fine.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Sporky said:
    I'd say give it a darned good playing before making any changes.

Wiz'd. Then +1 for P90s.

If it's a 'classic' guitar I wouldn't hurt it, but you say it's cheap enough so do what you want with it!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Interesting comments, thanks all. I have had two P90 equipped juniors in the past and found them a bit one dimensional. I'll give this one a good go however there's something about the look of a junior/special with humbuckers ;)