Ishibashi/rough cost of pedal from Japan

What's Hot
Hi All, 
I’ve been eyeing up a pedal on Reverb, has anyone had any dealings with Ishibashi in Japan? And roughly what extra costs are involved to ship to the uk, cost of pedal is £121 - this apparently includes the shipping. Is it worth the hassle? Many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve honestly never heard a bad word about Ishibashi. I haven’t personally had anything shipped from them, but know of countless guys who have had MIJ guitars from them without trouble, and they’re very good with service in-store. 

Just make sure you budget for another 25-30% for UK duty & VAT. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve honestly never heard a bad word about Ishibashi. I haven’t personally had anything shipped from them, but know of countless guys who have had MIJ guitars from them without trouble, and they’re very good with service in-store. 

Just make sure you budget for another 25-30% for UK duty & VAT. 
    Thanks that’s brilliant  @stickyfiddle ;
  • Ishibashi rule. 
    Hiroaki-san has been most helpful in relieving me of my money. 

As sticky mentioned look at 20% VAT, 4% import duty (or there abouts) and about £10 handling fee. 
    Ishibashi usually use EMS for shipping which will land with Royal Fail/Parcelfarce. 

I cant see shipping being that high for a pedal. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ishibashi rule. 
    Hiroaki-san has been most helpful in relieving me of my money. 

As sticky mentioned look at 20% VAT, 4% import duty (or there abouts) and about £10 handling fee. 
    Ishibashi usually use EMS for shipping which will land with Royal Fail/Parcelfarce. 

I cant see shipping being that high for a pedal. 
    And thanks again @meltedbuzzbox much appreciated!
  • Another plus for Ishibashi. One JM came from there for me and ordered another for a friend. No trouble at all either time and both guitars came with a few freebies. Rock solid packaging and organisation. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another plus for Ishibashi. One JM came from there for me and ordered another for a friend. No trouble at all either time and both guitars came with a few freebies. Rock solid packaging and organisation. 
    Cheers! @Heartfeltdawn ;
  • I ordered a paisley tele back when they were not available in western Europe.  Can't fault them. Super helpful.