Something is happening at Boss....new 'Metal' pedal?!

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
edited September 2018 in FX
Has anyone noticed the recent discussions on the Metal Zone on social media, which seems to have been brought back up by Ola Englund on Youtube?

Then, we have countless other people discussion them on their Youtube channels.

Now, it seems That Pedal Show are visiting Boss/Roland, with Rabea and Ola.....

I think we might be seeing a new/reissued Boss metal pedal in the near future. Waza Craft? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28177
    The MetalZone is ridiculously overlooked.

It has one of the best EQ sections of any dirt pedal. It'll do anything from clean boost through just-breaking up to paint-stripping fuzz.

Obvs it'll also do horrible thin papery wasp-in-a-jar sounds, but that's all part of the fun.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

It has one of the best EQ sections of any dirt pedal. It'll do anything from clean boost through just-breaking up to paint-stripping fuzz.

Obvs it'll also do horrible thin papery wasp-in-a-jar sounds, but that's all part of the fun.
    True! I feel ashamed not to own one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    Sporky said:

The HM-3 is another that's really flexible but gets overlooked, probably due to its name.
  • I'm not sure, Boss are pretty quiet on the pedal front these days - the last compact one they released was the JB-2, and that's coming up to a year ago now.

Much like Roland, they seem pretty content with their current line and probably don't see the need to bring out updates as quickly as other manufacturers. I guess it's just their way of doing things.
  • Certainly "feels" like there's a HM-2w coming

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    There has been scuttlebutt of an HM-2w for a while. Part of me thinks they're a bit late on the boat there considering all these boutique clones all over the place which have more features (eg Throne Torcher, Wurm, the one from Dunwich etc). It'd have to be based on the MIJ model and not too expensive.

Nevertheless I think if they did make one, it'd still sell quite well. The resultant downside is that there will be even more generic HM-2 driven death/grind/hardcore bands to sift through in an already saturated scene.
  • I saw a photo of the TPS duo and Rabea at Roland/ Boss. That's all I know. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Might be guerilla marketing for a reissue, could just be the nature of the beast that is viral marketing/social media.

"HM2" has become a meme. I've a mate who sends me new Metal Zone memes every couple of days. Just Google image search them. Some are very funny. One good viral image macro breeds thousands more (which may suck, but will still be disseminated).

People who laughed at the memes will click the videos in their YouTube feeds. Other channels will jump on the bandwagon.

• The Metal Zone is also a fantastic bass distortion pedal.

Also, the (targeted ad) Ola video came up on Youtube last night, watched it and thought it was great. I would quite happily never hear from Rabea or any of the Andertons shills ever again though.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Metal Zone is also a fantastic bass distortion pedal.

Also, the (targeted ad) Ola video came up on Youtube last night, watched it and thought it was great. I would quite happily never hear from Rabea or any of the Andertons shills ever again though.
    Ola is a very well established guitarist in some successful bands, so I definitely find him more appealing to watch, and I don't even play metal.
  • Hope it's a frigging FZ-2w or PN-2w
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Ola made the Metal Zone sound awesome as a metal preamp into the power section of his Randall. I just want a FZ2w though.
  • I would LOVE a proper Boss fuzz....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • What a bloody life....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom