Band Of Skulls - Himalayan

EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
edited April 2014 in Music
Any other fans here?
I bought the album on vinyl, because it sounded like fun. (Also in a charity shop this week, I found vinyl singles of an '89 dance remix of The Eve of the War from The War Of The Worlds, which is good, and a 1991 single on which Vic Reeves sings "Born Free". This is also good. 99p each, but I digress...)

I will let you know how I feel about the album after a few more listens, but my initial reaction was "I think it's a grower", which is usually fan-speak for "It isn't as obviously good as the previous albums". The music is good, but nothing on there grabs you like the big hitters from the previous records.
It is The Difficult Third Album. It sounds like a band who have spent the last year touring in support of Queens of the Stone Age. Which they are.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I like Band of Skulls.
    But I'd agree with you.
    And my favourite album of theirs is definitely Sweet Sour.
    That said, they had some great stuff on the first album (Baby Darling...)
    I've listened to bits of Himalayan and I did buy the download of Asleep at the Wheel. I will get it when it goes cheap or I can be bothered to buy it. I'm not in a hurry to get it, though I do like the sound of it. There's other more captivating things out there to get.

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom