SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold! - FINAL REDUCTION - £850 - GIBSON SG USA 61 REISSUE TOP SPEC UPGRADES

What's Hot
LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 345
edited November 2018 in Guitars £

Very well played, few small nicks and scuffs, but plays and sounds incredible

Best SG I've ever played. The previous owner had the vibrola removed and some serious upgrades were also added . . .

Seymour Duncan Antiquity buckers

High quality pots / P10 caps / wiring

Lightweight FABER bridge and tailpiece

Re-fretted with JESCAR EVO Jumbo Gold Fretwire, smooth as SS IMO - very good action on this

The original parts were not included when I bought thisI thought I would keep this forever as it plays and sounds so good, but I require a nice PRS DGT for my new project and so need this to help fund the next beast. This SG has some serious mojo working and I'll probably regret this, but my loss is your gain. Pick up and trial is welcome, however I'm happy to post.Gibson SG fitted hardcase included

£850 PPG

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Have a Bump for a bargain SG 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    Have a Bump for a bargain SG 
    For the avoidance of doubt it’s not a VOS and not really a bargain.

OP might want to reconsider how it’s advertised?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    61 SG reissue with those pickups and mods, I’d call that a bargain tbh
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12406
    If it came with the original bits in the case then maybe, I bet it sounds and plays great though.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    As @Iamnobody notes, it's not a VOS guitar, which is seriously misleading. VOS guitars are made by the Custom Shop and this is a regular Gibson USA model.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    edited September 2018
    A quick note to the OP which might help with what the model is - normally when SG's have the long maestro trems , the guitars are earthed to them, so there is usually a hole drilled from the pot cavity to the top of the body (near where the 4 holes are for the trem) for an earth wire . There isn't such a hole showing on yours...……….so its possible your SG left the factory as a stop tail and someone has screwed on a kind of long maestro trem to get the look - like the Derek Trucks SG - ie the long maestro look but still using the stop tail.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Obviously it's not a custom shop, or it would say so in the description. I only put VOS to describe the look of the SG, not to be misleading, however I will remove that from the ad. A fellow SG fan has helped identify this as a '61 reissue. Sorry I can't be more helpful with it's history in regards to the vibrola, but I can say that for a serious player this SG plays and sounds incredible. It's not a guitar for the collector so some would not see this as a bargain unless it was shiny and new sitting in it's case. It's a very reluctant sale, but I've tried to price it accordingly to the upgrades. 

• Lovely guitar man. Trouble is not many folks appreciate personal taste upgrades. Trust I, been there before myself :)
  • Wicked sg, only got trades unfortunately but this is right up my street! GLWTS dude.
  • If it was a 61 reissue it would have double ring klusons, this one hasnt.
  • Davemate said:
    If it was a 61 reissue it would have double ring klusons, this one hasnt.
    Not if the regular USA series (ie not custom shop).  It's the same as the one in the link below. Gibson did these for about 10+ years before they started all the model-year constant-change nonsense.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/listing/gibson-61-sg-reissue-cherry-2005-s642/11398588

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JGCJGC Frets: 158
    whereabouts is the guitar - for trial purposes ?
  • I'm in Pastyland (Cornwall)
  • JGCJGC Frets: 158
    ha, only 8 hours away.....never mind :-)
  • Bad Boy Boogie Bump!
  • Let there be BUMP!

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3092
    These bumps are a bit OCDC :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whole lotta Bumpie!

• High Bumpage!

Davemate said:
    If it was a 61 reissue it would have double ring klusons, this one hasnt.
    Not if the regular USA series (ie not custom shop).  It's the same as the one in the link below. Gibson did these for about 10+ years before they started all the model-year constant-change nonsense.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/listing/gibson-61-sg-reissue-cherry-2005-s642/11398588

I’ve had a genuine unmolested 61 LP SG in my hands a few times and it had single ring Klusons, the guitar is TOTALLY original, he even has the original receipt from when he bought it in Canada at the age of 13