Analogman Sunface alternatives...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    See if you’re looking for those sounds (and haven’t already tried one) I would seriously advise you to try the Dunlop Fuzzface Mini Hendrix FFM3

Its silicon but turns out that’s actually what Hendrix used most of the time and was he sound I had in my head all along

great pedal

ps. The clean up is amazing on it. Just leaves this sparkly sound that is instant Hendrix clean
    It's the FF I like best from the demos and I thought about getting one a couple of times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • See if you’re looking for those sounds (and haven’t already tried one) I would seriously advise you to try the Dunlop Fuzzface Mini Hendrix FFM3

Its silicon but turns out that’s actually what Hendrix used most of the time and was he sound I had in my head all along

great pedal

ps. The clean up is amazing on it. Just leaves this sparkly sound that is instant Hendrix clean
    That the light blue metallic one? I had the full size version years ago. I didn’t realllly get fuzz at the time and didn’t give it a chance. 
  • See if you’re looking for those sounds (and haven’t already tried one) I would seriously advise you to try the Dunlop Fuzzface Mini Hendrix FFM3

great pedal

Can I assume from your name that you play humbuckers with it? How is that? I’ve got a Les Paul and a Tele so I want something that works well with both. But yeah, that roll back for clean and crunchy rhythm sounds is exactly what I’m after. 

great pedal

Can I assume from your name that you play humbuckers with it? How is that? I’ve got a Les Paul and a Tele so I want something that works well with both. But yeah, that roll back for clean and crunchy rhythm sounds is exactly what I’m after. 
    It works pretty well with both singles and humbuckers, it can be a little too thick at full tilt with some buckers but taking a bit of bass out the amp cures that. Both clean up amazingly 

If you want to sound like Hendrix this will probably get you there more than a Sunface
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    I've had a BC183 Sunface, the Dunlop Mini Hendrix FFM3, the MXR Classic 108, a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz, Skreddy Lunar Module, White Atom, Suhr Rufus and the one that has seen them all off and is the only fuzz I now have, is the Mojo Hand Crosstown. The controls on it mean that it can be made to sound/ react like most of the others I listed. Maybe the fact that it's a germanium / silicon hybrid helps? 
    The Sunface was good but still got ousted by the Crosstown. I also preferred the MXR Classic 108 over the Hendrix Mini and felt it cleaned up better. I'd like to check out the mini MXR 108 but am happy enough with the Crosstown. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3844
    Beexter said:
    I've had a BC183 Sunface, the Dunlop Mini Hendrix FFM3, the MXR Classic 108, a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz, Skreddy Lunar Module, White Atom, Suhr Rufus and the one that has seen them all off and is the only fuzz I now have, is the Mojo Hand Crosstown. The controls on it mean that it can be made to sound/ react like most of the others I listed. Maybe the fact that it's a germanium / silicon hybrid helps? 
    The Sunface was good but still got ousted by the Crosstown. I also preferred the MXR Classic 108 over the Hendrix Mini and felt it cleaned up better. I'd like to check out the mini MXR 108 but am happy enough with the Crosstown. 
    I've got a Crosstown that I'm not using if anyone wants it?
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Chasetone
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Sunface is the best I've had. Both NKT and more recently a TI/UK in a SunLion.

MJM London GE was great. Nice and fat

Monsterpiece NPN Silicon had a lovely clean up Jimi tone on a strat

Hated my Dunlop red full size fuzz face. Sounded unwell. 

MXR Classic 108 with the switchable buffer is a surprisingly excellent si fuzz face. 

My home-made bc183 fuzz face was fine and did a job but was not as refined as these others. 

Just bought a Chase Tone Velvet 68' Fuzz from here and will report back on it when I get a chance to play it properly. 

I like fuzz faces. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Cornell First Fuzz.
  • soma1975 said:
    Sunface is the best I've had. Both NKT and more recently a TI/UK in a SunLion.

MJM London GE was great. Nice and fat

Monsterpiece NPN Silicon had a lovely clean up Jimi tone on a strat

Hated my Dunlop red full size fuzz face. Sounded unwell. 

MXR Classic 108 with the switchable buffer is a surprisingly excellent si fuzz face. 

My home-made bc183 fuzz face was fine and did a job but was not as refined as these others. 

Just bought a Chase Tone Velvet 68' Fuzz from here and will report back on it when I get a chance to play it properly. 

I like fuzz faces. 
    You don't happen to have the Sunlion still do you?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3844
    Anyone a/b'd Sunface v Veteran?
    You don't happen to have the Sunlion still do you?
    Sold it on  here I'm afraid. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    I’ve had a Mark II Fulltone ’69 before that I liked... having to unplug it annoyed me though. Please someone convince me that there is something out there that compares before I drop £200! 

Cheers! 
    But they take 9v in? You could use a vertual battery etc if you think it sounds better that way.
  • where does any of the Roger Mayer stuff feature here - visage ; voodoo etc ? 
    Currently enjoying a SolidgoldFX BC183 fuzz face I picked up under £100 on Reverb. 

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I recently bought one of these after much looking around.....actually I'm not sure if there are any left, but for what it's worth I really rate this pedal.....https://www.northernstomps.com/product-page/magnetic-effects-black-moon

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    I had a Berkos Stone which was fantastic, and had the on/off on the volume knob