Best way to deal with chipped finish?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
edited September 2018 in Making & Modding
It doesnt have to be invisible, just not so noticeable, any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/Gb1gIXO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MGrz7xB.jpg

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Here's Dan's method

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Same as Dan - I would put a drop of red ink in it so it creeps under the chipped finish, and then a drop of superglue. If you under-fill rather than overfill, you won't have to sand it back, but it will still be much less noticeable than the chip is now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    Just use supee glue and add another chip for good measure.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    Cool, thanks guys, I was going to use shellac and drop that into it after dying the wood below with wood dye but super glue does look much easier.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    I haven't watched the video but i have done this before using the thick gel superglue and got good results .  If you use the thin it takes a bit of patience to build up and more danger of going where you don't want it , i guess it depends how deep the chip is also .   Might be an idea to make a dam out of Plasticine or bluetak  or something just incase of an accident .