How Close Could I Get This To Sounding Like A Strat?

This my self build GAS distractor, it's already routed for three single coils and I fancy a change (seeing as my Midtown with P90's is getting all the love these days).

Question is how will the body shape, Tele style bridge and Bigsby prevent it from sounding like a Strat? If I can get pretty close, which set of PUP's would you recommend for a Hendrix type sound? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Other than the trem/bridge the rest of the construction is quite “Strat” so I’d guess that mounting three single coils on  a plastic pickguard would certainly get you a fair way there 
  • +1

Middle position pickup of similar specifications to neck position pickup. Five-way lever selector switch or three-way plus blend pot.

At least one of @HarrySeven's offset guitars has this pickup configuration. Perhaps, he can chip in with an opinion on which circuit produces the more Strat-like sounds?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Lindy Fralin do a magnet pole p90 which can be fairly stratty depending how hot it's wound. I have one in my 12 string tele.
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    I'm happy to switch out the P90's and cut myself a new scratch plate. Although you may still be able to see a bit of the bridge P90 cavity