Momentary footswitches

Is there something going on with momentary footswitches? I'm just trying to mod my MIDI controller with an extra couple of switches for my Eleven Rack. Everywhere I've looked, they're either stupidly expensive (Maplin) or out of stock (just about everywhere else - RS/Mouser/etc).

I ended up having to go to eBay. Mental.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    I use Carling momentary switches which usually come to around £3.50.

Try Mouser. They have loads of options
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26580
    edited April 2014
    raulduke said:

I did. All the ones I wanted were out of stock :S As I said, I ended up getting them from eBay.

A couple of the stores I tried had them, but their delivery charge was ludicrous (£15 for two footswitches and a stereo jack socket? No thanks...).
    <space for hire>
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited April 2014
    I ended up buying some from Thomann for an E3MED I made.

TBH I used one momentary from bitcheslovemyswitches.com which had 0 resistance for a tap tempo and two Thomann ones for the channel up and down. It worked quite well.

If you just need one I've one from bitsbox that's knocking about.

The bitches switch is spst and a simple push to make.
    The bitsbox and thoman have two stages (it seems to me) initial unresisted travel then a resisted travel near the end of the push, the bitsbox is slightly more resistance.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    raulduke said:

I did. All the ones I wanted were out of stock :S As I said, I ended up getting them from eBay.

A couple of the stores I tried had them, but their delivery charge was ludicrous (£15 for two footswitches and a stereo jack socket? No thanks...).
    Yeah places like Farnell, Rapid and Mouser have minimum order values (usually around £50.00) to get free shipping.

I usually just keep track of what I need and place big orders every so often.

It works out cheaper than Ebay in the long run (plus you know what you are buying is legit).
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26580
    raulduke said:
    Yeah places like Farnell, Rapid and Mouser have minimum order values (usually around £50.00) to get free shipping.

I usually just keep track of what I need and place big orders every so often.

It works out cheaper than Ebay in the long run (plus you know what you are buying is legit).
    Aye...that's a bit of a problem when you suddenly have an urgent requirement for something ;)

On the bright side, the switches I bought from eBay (two for a fiver, free delivery) turned up today. Even better, they actually fit the holes that were already there. Result!

...now I just have to wait for the socket to turn up...
    <space for hire>