Book: The Gospel According to Luke - Steve Lukather

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
edited September 2018 in Off Topic
Just got this and it should be good read. He's one of my favourite guitarists and so it'll be interesting to hear the stories as he's met and played with just about everyone in Music Royalty!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-lukather-gospel-according-to-luke/

As an aside, I've seen Toto on many occasions, through the 80s, 90s, 2000s etc but their performance earlier this year at The Royal Albert Hall was superb and the best one I've seen from them.

It's good to see that he's now clean and in a good place

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Nice one Cos, on holiday at the moment, the only time I really get to read
    , so downloaded and on my way.....I reackon he has some good stories to tell..
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Cheers for the reminder!  Would really like to get hold of the audiobook if he releases one, failing that I'll go for the paperback.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2018
    I think it's only in hardback at the moment at £14 and the paperback is due for release next year, however, I know dindude is reading it and mentioned downloading it, if that helps as an alternative.

A third of the way in and I've learnt so much about him and he's already played with so many people and on famous sessions/records and he's only just turned 21. Anyway, 'No Spoilers' from me and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2018
    If you don't want to read the book but are interested in seeing a recent interview around the book launch which includes some of the stories, try this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNrzs5SaizQ

Kebabkid said:
    If you don't want to read the book but are interested in seeing a recent interview around the book launch which includes some of the stories, try this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNrzs5SaizQ

Brilliant! Will check this out
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    He seems like an amazing guy - would want to spend an evening in a pub with him.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded the Kindle version, which I've just finished and it's a great read.

It's not a competition.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Just finished reading it.  It was interesting, but (as with the Tony Iommi autobiography) it did have a tendency to resolve to a list of things that happened.  And (maybe because it's at a particular stage in his life) often a catalog of people that died!

Interesting though, and worth a read.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    It's on my Amazon wishlist... hopefully Santa comes through...!
    edited June 2020
    Loved listening to this on Audible (back in February). If anyone has a spare credit, definitely worth a listen. It wouldn’t have been the same with an actor doing the narration, Lukather comes across as a cool & laid back dude...trying his luck (unsuccessfully) chatting up Claudia Schiffer in her heyday supermodel days

Have been listening to loads of Jame Ingram & Michael McDonald who he mentions working with in the book.  From memory James Ingram used to sing on demos, that some songwriters used to sell their songs to various artists.  
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4159
    Kebabkid said:
    Just got this and it should be good read. He's one of my favourite guitarists and so it'll be interesting to hear the stories as he's met and played with just about everyone in Music Royalty!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-lukather-gospel-according-to-luke/

As an aside, I've seen Toto on many occasions, through the 80s, 90s, 2000s etc but their performance earlier this year at The Royal Albert Hall was superb and the best one I've seen from them.

It's good to see that he's now clean and in a good place

It’s awesome ,I got it for Xmas