AUX Passthrough Crackle

Jonesy9Jonesy9 Frets: 3
Evening all,

I have a slightly annoying issue with my Boss ME-50, I wonder if anyone else has resolved similar with their effects pedals. 

When using the AUX passthrough (I’m using it to play blues backing tracks to jam to) every 10-15 seconds I’ll get odd crackles and cut outs here and there. 
The aux cable itself seems to be ok as it works flawlessly playing directly through the aux input on my amp. It just doesn’t seem to like it on the effects unit. My first thought was a connection issue on the pedal but I’ve made sure the cable is perfectly still to test movement causing issues and it still occurs. 

So, I thought to save my sanity I’d ask the experts whether you’ve had similar in the past and if so, did you manage to resolve it?

thanks! :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had odd crackles through my patch cables once. Might not be the same thing, but I blew into all the jack sockets a few times, and cleaned the jack itself on the cables. 

Helped clear any residue or dust, and made a difference. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • I didn’t even think to try that. I’ll give that a go and see if it helps. Good shout. Thanks 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Could it be that the level is too high and causing the ME-50 to overload?

I have an ME-50, but I've never used the Aux input so I'm not sure if it could be sensitive to that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• That's also a great shout. I have the volume of the source device set to maximum so that could well be the case. I'll give that a shot too. Thanks!