Most Echo-ey fun bang for my buck...

blowinblowin Frets: 7
I’ve been playing around with my cheapo Donner Yellow-Fall delay and enjoying making some ambient type noises. Now I fancy something with more parameters to play around with.

There’s a Walrus Descent and Keeley Caverns on the classified thread and I also like the look of the EHX Canyon.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations about which pedal is going to give me the most ambient-noodling fun and variation?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Line 6 M5
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Genuinely cannot go wrong with the Caverns V2. Reverb and delay in one pedal with switches for mod, shimmer, etc, and a very musical pedal which doesn't get crazy in terms of noise or complication. Its kind of all you'd need for ambient noodling. 

I am selling one but someone else is currently interested. Can let you know if it becomes available. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Can't go wrong with the Line 6 M5. It's got lots of delay types on it and plenty of parameters to play with plus all oh the other effects loaded onto it. It also has analogue dry thru delays which is a nice feature.

I've thought about selling mine off a number of times but it's just so useful and sounds very good. I just can't bring myself to part with it.

Excellent value for money new or used.
  • Hadn't thought about a Multi-FX – probably because I have a Boss Katana and don't use the onboard stuff because I find it such a faff to work out what's happening. But the M5 looks like it could distract me for hours.

And then I google M9 and Andertons has them on special...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Also a fan of the Line 6 M5 for delay.  In fact that's really why I'm a fan of that pedal.

Only thing for me is that I've never found it good for gigging. 
    It's great for home use and it has lots of delay options where you've got all the time in the world to adjust things but the multi-screens don't suit faffing about on stage.  (Or rather, I'm in that category of players who experience this; I know there are others who are not fazed by the issue.)

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Also a fan of the Line 6 M5 for delay.  In fact that's really why I'm a fan of that pedal.

Only thing for me is that I've never found it good for gigging. 
    It's great for home use and it has lots of delay options where you've got all the time in the world to adjust things but the multi-screens don't suit faffing about on stage.  (Or rather, I'm in that category of players who experience this; I know there are others who are not fazed by the issue.)

It works very well in a midi setup! Perfectly in fact.
  • TC Flashback II is £90 somw places at the moment - lots of parameters if you use the online editor. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I've had a good few of the decent delays (Echolution 2, Nemesis, Timeline etc) and for ambient stuff it's hard to beat the TC Triple: three delays you can run in series and a huge array of delay types with the Toneprint software.

Big though. 

• Neunaber Stuff is pretty good for ambient stuff, and the software allows you to do a bunch of crazy shit