Roland AC-60 PA/Line Out Help

Hi Everyone, 

Please could I ask for help with the best way to connect my Roland AC-60 to the desk? 

There seems to be several options: 

1. Single XLR to a single channel.
2. Double (2 seperate) XLR to twin channels. 
3. Mono jack to jack.
4. Mono jack to single XLR.
5. Balanced (stereo) “DI Out” jack to single stereo jack.
6. Balanced (stereo) “DI Out” jack to single XLR.
7. Balanced (stereo) “DI Out” jack to double/split XLR.

I know that (in theory) they should all “work” but which is the best option? 

Note: I also run the amp into a 10” Tanglewood subwoofer but I’m guessing that this shouldn’t make any difference to this issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pic of rear panel in link below for reference.

Google Image Result for https://www.gearank.com/sites/default/files/Roland-AC-60-rear-pannel.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I would think that ideally you would want a stereo output to the desk so that would be either dual XLR or the Stereo Jack, the connector on the other side depends on what's available on the desk.

I would use Dual XLR on the amp side if you ever want to use the Tuner Output. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704

... which is the best option? 

“Best” depends on what you want to do. Stereo is a nice idea if you are using stereo effects, but most people run their desks in mono and pan everything dead centre. Personally I’d keep it simple, run mono, which means only one cable. I’d also use xlr to xlr rather than jack. Xlr plugs are less likely to to get pulled out of the socket. Using xlr to xlr cables minimises the number of cables you’re going to carry. You’ve presumably got jack to jack for your guitar and xlr to xlr for your microphone, plus a spare of each. One more xlr to xlr isn’t a problem, and you shouldn’t need a second spare, whereas with jack to xlr you will.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Best will be either a single or dual XLR, depending on whether you want to (or the soundman will let you!) use the chorus and reverb in stereo. That will give you EQ and anti-feedback control over the sound to the desk.

The DI Out signal is pre-EQ as far as I can tell from the manual, so unless the soundman wants that in order to EQ it himself, that's probably not the best option.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein