You do know, we *are* all going to die, don't you ?

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12318
    I hope it won't be all drawn out with people walking round with bits dropping off them.

Let's hope its more like this....

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    The world will be a better place without humans.

Oh yeah..

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    ICBM said:
    in about a trillion years, the universe will no longer be capable of supporting any kind of life and then no-one will care.
    Will there still be taxation?

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2018
    Why haven't big mansions, multiple homes, private aircraft, yachts, etc., been banned yet?

If they were serious about this, the multinational coporations would curtail their ever increasing expansion of consumerism.

Or is global warming only for the little people, with higher energy bills and transport costs, etc..
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Wait. If humans are wiped out what will cats do for servants? That's why it'll never happen.
  • Freebird said:
    Why haven't big mansions, multiple homes, private aircraft, yachts, etc., been banned yet?

Or is global warming only for the little people?
    We are all in it together. Only some of us are more in it then others
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited October 2018
    Could it be that natures plan all along was to develop one superior species that would eventually wipe out every other living species that got in its way. Depleting all the resources on the planet to grow and multiply. Eventually fledging into the greater universe. Planet earth is just our "egg" so to speak?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Freebird said:

If they were serious about this, the multinational coporations would curtail their ever increasing expansion of consumerism.

Or is global warming only for the little people, higher energy bills and transport costs, etc..
    Interesting your list didn't include limits on children or big dogs... which are terrible for the environment.

I mean the chavvy types with 17 children are dreadful for the environment 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Could it be that natures plan all along was to develop one superior species that would eventually wipe out every other living species that got in its way. Depleting all the resources on the planet to grow and multiply. Eventually fledging into the greater universe. Planet earth is just our "egg" so to speak?
    Or maybe we are just the fuel for a species that already did that before we were around. They came, built the pyramids, spread religion and then fucked off :)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

Pray that theres intelligent life somewhere up in space cos theres bugger all down here on Earth  :)

I do think we are pretty buggered though and I reckon that what ever is happening to the planet regardless of if we caused it or not is going to happen no matter what we do. There are some theories that what we have been doing has actually slowed down the ice age or climate change process and whats happening now was just inevitable at some point or another..

But then the fact that life is still going on here in itself I a miracle.. How we haven't already been wiped out by diseases or what ever natural disaster. So I say life remains the same.. Anyone could die at any moment, just enjoy what you have while you have it.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    at least we aren't starting any wars...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Or is global warming only for the little people, higher energy bills and transport costs, etc..
    Interesting your list didn't include limits on children or big dogs... which are terrible for the environment.

I mean the chavvy types with 17 children are dreadful for the environment 
    How very stereotypical and a slight exaggeration. Doesn't matter though, it's only unemployed, poor people.

On the subject though, everyone should do what they can within reason, that's only fair, but I agree with @Freebird that the little people do get burdened with a lot of guilt.

What's those Paul Weller Lyrics again?

"Those who play the power game
    They take the profits, you take the blame"

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Runaway global warming, political and economic collapse. The new "Dark Ages".

So are we saying that my stonking R8 deal is just expensive firewood?
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9619
    ICBM said:
    Don't worry, in about a trillion years the universe will no longer be capable of supporting any kind of life and then no-one will care.
    WHAT THE H...

Ah, sorry, thought you said *million*. Phew.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Well this is a happy thread, isn't it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited October 2018
    thecolourbox said: just
    roberty said:
    There was a time when humanity didn't exist.  I wasn't in the least bit bothered.

I expect it's highly likely there'll be a future in which humanity doesn't exist.  I don't expect I'll be in the least bit bothered.
    Yeah but that time before we existed doesn't exist because there was no human comprehension of it
    Our understanding of it exists

True I'll give you that I still don't think something ceases to exist just because those who created it no longer exist though. Reality exists outside of human influence, and if anything, the lack of humans may allow for a more objective summary or evaluation of that 200,000 years of progress by whatever is left afterwards.
    Maybe, I'm just talking out of my arse to be honest.
    The fact that we can deduce and comprehend things is unique and quite special, so it would be a shame for us to go. Especially now that we've stopped burning women and dying of scurvy

Having said that, there were probably legions of contented indigenous people before we went over there and commodified their resources
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    roberty said:
    thecolourbox said: just
    roberty said:
    There was a time when humanity didn't exist.  I wasn't in the least bit bothered.

I expect it's highly likely there'll be a future in which humanity doesn't exist.  I don't expect I'll be in the least bit bothered.
    Yeah but that time before we existed doesn't exist because there was no human comprehension of it
    Our understanding of it exists

True I'll give you that I still don't think something ceases to exist just because those who created it no longer exist though. Reality exists outside of human influence, and if anything, the lack of humans may allow for a more objective summary or evaluation of that 200,000 years of progress by whatever is left afterwards.
    Maybe, I'm just talking out of my arse to be honest.
    The fact that we can deduce and comprehend things is unique and quite special, so it would be a shame for us to go. Especially now that we've stopped burning women and dying of scurvy

Having said that, there were probably legions of contented indigenous people before we went over there and commodified their resources
    Ah, the myth of the Noble Savage?  Gotta love the deep Greens' anarcho-primitivism and completely unscientific belief in mystical harmony and balance in that stuff, even in the face of Darwin's Evolution and other archaelogical and anthropological science. 
  • No one gets out of here alive.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • No one gets out of here alive.
    I heard the odds of that are about 5/1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Chalky said:
    Well this is a happy thread, isn't it?
    Sorry.

How about we just pretend it’s not happening ?

Oh... no... hang on - we’re doing that already.

I know!  Let’s write a happy song about it instead! :D
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.