Cat Died

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    axisus said:
    Sorry to hear that. This is what puts me off of having a cat or dog - the heartbreak at losing them.
    I understand that, I really do. It's devastating, but it's the times in between that makes it all worthwhile, and giving them a happy life and loads of love and care outweighs the inevitable devastation at losing them. It really does. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited October 2018
    I feel your pain. I had to get one of my cats put down a few years ago due to a tumour in her mouth and then had another drop down dead in my kitchen a coupe of years after that. My current cat isn't in the best of health either, over active thyroid and a dodgy ticker - currently £60 a month on tablets. The joys of rehoming old cats!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4981
    My sympathies my friend on your sad loss.  Your cat had a fine innings but it is still hard to accept when the day comes....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• :(

Always a very sad day when a furry family member passes. Still vividly remember the final head bump with Missy when I had to take her to the vet last year as they gave her the injection, I was in absolute bits.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Sorry to hear this. I know how you feel. One of my 2 cats was diagnosed with a degree of kidney failure earlier this year. He deteriorated steadily despite being on a special diet. He collapsed and died at home 3 weeks ago - he was a month short of his 16th birthday, and had been healthy for most of his life. He was a tremendous character and completely fearless (all the local dogs and cats learnt to treat him with respect). What really caught me out was how upset again I was, when I brought his ashes home. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    When a cat dies, a part of me dies. Lovely animals they are. Really sorry for your loss  :'(
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Bugger, sorry to hear that.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I know how you feel MrB, I've been through it with my 2 dogs, you miss them like mad.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Thanks all - some fine words there.  Two days on and I'm feeling better about it now.  She was an awesome cat, but it's weird not having any animals in the house now, apart from the wife and kids.  I think I've only ever been without a live in pet for about a year when I was living on my own just outside Birmingham.  I keep wandering down stairs and glancing over to "her" chair to see if she's ok.  

Don't miss the litter tray that had been essential for the last 3 months or so of her life, and the house is beginning to smell a little less of cat wee, although I suspect a lot of that was the wife, given that she's just turned 50.

Thanks again, all.  Appreciate it.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Can imagine how upsetting this can be. Our dog is my best mate and would be in absolute bits when she goes. Our cat is a bit of a wanker tbf but she's our little twat all the same. 
    Sorry for your loss mate .
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    Sad news. Our 15yo is blind too so wouldn't stand a chance on our busy road.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    :(

Always a very sad day when a furry family member passes. Still vividly remember the final head bump with Missy when I had to take her to the vet last year as they gave her the injection, I was in absolute bits.
    Nothing to do with this thread really but this is better than people, where you have to watch them struggle on when they should get the injection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    I like cats.

https://i.imgur.com/baOGVFf.jpg

Dogs are just smelly things.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited October 2018
    That's horrible mate. My sincere condolences to you. You gave her the best possible life. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.