Advice on cable for guitar with dual outputs

Just had a guitar modded with a seperate piezo output and pickup output. Should I use two separate guitar leads (cable-tied together) or can I get a lead made that would take two signal leads to two months no jacks either ind but in the same sheath (if that makes sense?). Any earthing/ shielding problems with that? 
Chees 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    There are ways of getting it to work with just one cable, but if you've already got the guitar fitted with two jacks it's better not to. Given that you're likely to want to amplify them through different amps/effects, you're better to keep them entirely separate.

If possible, have the magnetic pickups grounded to the guitar strings and the piezo not - but this can be difficult with many piezo bridges and you have to have it the other way round. As long as one of them is grounded to the strings and not the other, you won't get a ground loop, but if both are then you probably will. The problem with grounding just the piezo is that it's the one that may well have a ground lift going to the PA or whatever you're running it through.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom