Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is it bad...

What's Hot
LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
edited October 2018 in Off Topic
If I start a GoFundMe campaign to help with costs for converting my garage? Some of the work is costing loads and I don’t think I can cover it all on my own.

As some of you know I’m turning it into a music room and it’s been a long ambition of mine.
18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    If I start a GoFundMe campaign to help with costs for converting my garage? Some of the work is costing loads and I don’t think I can cover it all on my own. How many users are there on here? If everyone gave even a fiver it’d help with say, the roof. As some of you know I’m turning it into a music room and it’s been a long ambition of mine.
    Why don't you do a DIY sos and get everyone to steam round and construct it for you really badly, you may strike lucky and some people who know what they are doing to turn up.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It's not bad to ask, but don't be offended if you don't succeed

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure it will work (however, i would be happy to be wrong).

What is the total cost?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    It's not bad to ask, but don't be offended if you don't succeed

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure it will work (however, i would be happy to be wrong).

What is the total cost?
    Well over £15k I think. The roof alone is almost £5k
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    The members of this forum have been incredibly giving in terms of cash but also time and support for other members down on their luck or with health problems.

I don't think badly of you for asking ( i found it funny though ), if you don't ask you don't get after all, but for a garage conversion ( however much it's a long term dream of yours ) is not going to get me digging in to my pockets i'm afraid.

Perhaps think about ways you can raise the extra cash yourself or accept that you will have to wait a bit longer for your dream garage.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I really really *need* a Ferrari, maybe I’ll start a Go Fund Me to help towards that.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m not asking for all the costs to be covered just a proportion of it, even if it’s 1/10th!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I’m not asking for all the costs to be covered just a proportion of it, even if it’s 1/10th!
    So that would be £1500.

Do what others have to do when they're skint. Flog some guitars, amps, pedals etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I really need a vintage strat, I wonder whether a go fund me campaign would...

...bugger
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    I keep seeing these ads on TV for the starving kids in Yemen, and really heartbreaking stuff  around Cancer Awareness month too.

So personally, any spare cash I have would be more likely to go towards those causes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited October 2018
    (If this is a serious proposition and not for lolz) 

Are you in band? If not why not use your musical hobby to get in a band, get paid gigs and you could have that cash saved in 12 months I reckon! 

I pretty much saved the deposit for my first house purely from gig money. 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    edited October 2018

I pretty much saved the deposit for my first house purely from gig money. 
    These days you'd have to be either Keef or Ed Sheeran to save enough gig money for a deposit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyP said:
    I keep seeing these ads on TV for the starving kids in Yemen, and really heartbreaking stuff  around Cancer Awareness month too.

So personally, any spare cash I have would be more likely to go towards those causes.
    That fair enough. I may just stick to asking students of mine for a voluntary donation. At least they'll see where their money is going once we’ve moved into it.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    I don't know if this is a poor reflection of me or society but I genuinely can't tell if this is a parody post or not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • fob said:
    I don't know if this is a poor reflection of me or society but I genuinely can't tell if this is a parody post or not.
    I’m being 110% serious!
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    fob said:
    I’m being 110% serious!

I'm 99% certain he's pulling your plonker.
  • You're asking the forum to pay for your home improvements?! I'll pass thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265

I'll pay for all of it. I've just taken a loan out at 50% APR, but seeing as you are so desperate to have it completed, I think it's a worthwhile outlay.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Did you not get a quote before you started to see if you could afford it or not?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What would you say if someone asked you to donate to their home improvements?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    DannyP said:

That fair enough. I may just stick to asking students of mine for a voluntary donation. At least they'll see where their money is going once we’ve moved into it.
    The same way schools ask for a "voluntary donation for things"...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom