US Thinline Tele , deluxe or elite pick up space

What's Hot
jusr wondered if anyone knows if there is space in the neck pick up to take a humbucker.

I cant find a picture of the body with pickguard off anywhere, as am looking to do this if i get another thinline

many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14474
    The solid body American Standard, Deluxe and Elite were routed TSH. The neck position pickup cavity was sufficiently to accommodate a P90 without additional wood removal.

This recent Fender American Elite Thinline body is routed TH. https://stratosphereparts.com/2018-fender-american-elite-thinline-telecaster-body-usa-tele-usa-champagne/ The cavity may be oversized to allow clearance for the edge of the pickguard under a twenty-second fret fingerboard overhang.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thanks , did look on stratosphere and saw that body so presumed something may fit, but to be honest I’ve canned the idea on cost basis and have hooked myself up with a brand new super deluxe thin line , that parallel universe Orange beast 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14474
    moogie72 said:
    something may fit
    Looks like Fender's one-size-fits-all cavity - sufficiently generous to accommodate a humbucker or a P90.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Great, good for ref,as may still do the mod in the future on a future purchase
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    moogie72 said:
    Thanks , did look on stratosphere and saw that body so presumed something may fit, but to be honest I’ve canned the idea on cost basis and have hooked myself up with a brand new super deluxe thin line , that parallel universe Orange beast 
    well, I've just looked this up and wet myself - nice purchase
  • It’s beaut too.....landed yesterday ....orange not really my thing . Haha but once it’s in your hands it’s a joy to play , and kinda funky to me it looks more Funkadelic or Curtis Mayfield than country/rockabilly , so yep very nice purchase , 
    the bass roll off instead of a standard tone is a really nice feature , the tv Jones are really tasty too 
    yep happy, and my 6yr old is too , as it looks like BB8 from Star Wars