I can handle death by electrocution....

What's Hot
strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3285
edited October 2018 in Off Topic
...but the fine can fk off

20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    It says electrocution not execution chief, if you can't read the sign clearly I would stay the hell away from the box : )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    edited October 2018
    Do you reckon they look through the charred remains of your wallet to look for €50?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they put it on your lecky bill...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    It says electrocution not execution chief, if you can't read the sign clearly I would stay the hell away from the box : )
    You know what when I was typing out title I thought to myself... ‘something is wrong’ but then  auto type kicked in and I went with it. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9616
    edited October 2018
    strtdv said:
    Do you reckon they look through the charred remains of your wallet to look for €50?
    Reminds me of a recent story about Arriva Trains Wales (RIP) and their lost property department. They charged people money to get their lost property back, they had a list. Laptop was £15. Imagine being the person asking an elderly passenger for £2 after they’d left their walking stick on a train. Worst was wallets and purses - they’d charge 10% of the contents. If you had £100 in your wallet and left it on a train they would literally help themselves to a tenner. Absolute robbing bastards. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    There was a guy killed 'round our way some years ago with this very thing...William somethin' or other. The kids referred tae him thereafter as electric Bill
    tae be or not tae be
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    munckee said:
    It says death by electrocution, but it doesn't specify whether it'll be a direct result of opening or whether it will be administered later (in which case presumably the fine is to cover the electricity costs as the punishment is mete(re)d out)...
  • would you actually be "charged"
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    edited October 2018
    prowla said: pp
    munckee said:
    It says death by electrocution, but it doesn't specify whether it'll be a direct result of opening or whether it will be administered later (in which case presumably the fine is to cover the electricity costs as the punishment is mete(re)d out)...
    Technically electrocution only refers to the method of execution. Otherwise it is only (death by) electric shock. So they must mean the latter - fine then death.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Why is the box even able to be opened if it definitively will result in death..?

I suggest they should have said "May" result in death?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28191
    Sesh said:

Technically electrocution only refers to the method of execution. Otherwise it is only (death by) electric shock. So they must mean the latter - fine then death.
    While I certainly admire the fine logic employed in decoding the sign, my understanding is that "electrocution" now includes accidental death from electric shock.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    munckee said:
    I once got away with parking in a disabled bay because I told the warden I thought it said "dyslexic". 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    edited October 2018
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocute

Some words have more than one meaning 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Is this current news?
    Call me Dave.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Sesh said:
    prowla said: pp
    munckee said:
    Yes, death by electrocution is a bit redundant as electrocution is a way of being killed. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Death by snu-snu!
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Sporky said:
    Sesh said:

While I certainly admire the fine logic employed in decoding the sign, my understanding is that "electrocution" now includes accidental death from electric shock.
    Fair enough.

Anyway, this new version of deal or no deal is a step in the right direction if it kills off a few of the contestants.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28191
    Sesh said:
    Sporky said:
    Sesh said:

Fair enough.

Anyway, this new version of deal or no deal is a step in the right direction if it kills off a few of the contestants.
    If it could kill Edmonds too I'd go fund it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Voltarol cures most pains. Allegedly. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    Voltarol cures most pains. Allegedly. 
    I'm not sure the volt in voltarol relates to electrical volts
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic