Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

$1.6 billion

What's Hot

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I hope they’re in a state which allows anonymity, otherwise you’d have to spend a big chunk of that cash on staff to protect you from the nutters asking for favours.
    South Carolina.

The winner probably is the nutter. No teeth, several dozen guns and is married to his/her cousin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited October 2018
    I'd fund a massive worldwide contraceptive drive and then buy the FB so I can wield the banhammer at m whim, lol.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Sporky said:
    I'd go full supervillain. Secret volcano base, minions in matching jumpsuits, blowing up Paris, that sort of thing.
    Cool! Can I be your Number 2?  

.... wait, that didn't sound right
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Sporky said:
    I'd go full supervillain. Secret volcano base, minions in matching jumpsuits, blowing up Paris, that sort of thing.
    I think the matching jumpsuits is an over-reaction 
    Red ones are better. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I'd be booking out Abbey Road Studio 2 for a month to recreate Dark Side of the Moon entirely on Kazoo
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Did you see the queues to buy tickets that were going around the block ?  All those additional people must have made a decision at some point before the previous draw last Friday along the lines of "Naaah, it's only $1,000,000,000.00 - I can't be arsed to go to the shop for a ticket for that amount", followed at some point after last Friday with "Well, now it's up to $1,537,000,000.00 I'll make the effort".

How does that even make sense ?  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I'd buy a brand new car, its a Jaguar, buy a house in Devon, drink cider from a lemon. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sporky said:
    Cool! Can I be your Number 2?  

.... wait, that didn't sound right
    Careful, you’ll be first in line for the shark pool when Paris is saved at the last minute. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28175
    edited October 2018
    TimmyO said:

I think the matching jumpsuits is an over-reaction 
    Villainy is all about style.

Careful, you’ll be first in line for the shark pool when Paris is saved at the last minute. 
    There will be no shark pool. My employees/henchpeople/minions will be treated well. Failure will be met with additional training and mentoring to ensure better performance in future.

Thus I will never have to worry about my staff turning on me and siding with any syphilis-riddled spy who tries to sneak in. Though if any do I will hire them and issue them an appropriate course of antibiotics.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    I'd give all of it away - except for £2M.  If you can't live extremely comfortably with £2M in the bank there's something wrong with you.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'd give all of it away - except for £2M.  If you can't live extremely comfortably with £2M in the bank you have higher standards than me.
    FTFY. :)
  • £2m would not go that far especially if you give up work.
    Nice house in the country will eat half of that. Then a couple of properties for the kids to live in when they are older. Couple of nice cars and it will be gone.
    Also need to consider upkeep of road property until you eventually die.
    Nah need to keep at least £10m
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I'd buy every Banksy artwork ever created and destroy the lot. It's what he would have wanted.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    £2m would not go that far especially if you give up work.
    Nice house in the country will eat half of that. Then a couple of properties for the kids to live in when they are older. Couple of nice cars and it will be gone.
    One could easily live off £2m! you have just listed a bunch of extravagances. Do everything the same as you do now, give yourself the equivalent of your current weekly pay every week and the money will more than last.

Boy are some people greedy .....
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I'd buy some vintage Strats then come on here and lord it up. Mebbees some ex celeb amps too!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    Depends where you wanted to live. £2 mil would only buy you a broom cupboard in central London. £1.6 billion bucks is an obscene amount of money but I’d still keep maybe 10%. 
    axisus said:

One could easily live off £2m! you have just listed a bunch of extravagances. Do everything the same as you do now, give yourself the equivalent of your current weekly pay every week and the money will more than last.

That depends rather on what you earn now and what inflation and the cost of living do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    axisus said:
    £2m would not go that far especially if you give up work.

Boy are some people greedy .....
    Pretty much! 

I'm 'living' on the national living wage per hour, but my employer gives no more than 25 hours a week.. so its around 10k a year. Not even enough to pay tax on.. But nowhere near low enough for the government to deem me worthy of any support, health costs, etc. 

I struggle, but most people think choosing a job or career path, savings, a pension, moving out, having a kid, a relationship, a car, a phone contract, new clothes more than once a year, dental work, takeaways, nights out, gifts at xmas etc etc are all normal outgoings. 

They're not, at all, theyre all luxuries if you can afford to do them. 

My jammy sister brings home £42k a year and claims shes not well off!
    The only difference is she did well in school and doesnt have a beard. 

I was bullied so bad I missed year 7 and 8 before changing schools for year 9. I guess I never caught up with what I missed in those fundamental years.   

I didnt do terrible, got all C's and a D in maths, but in an employers world, thats only good for min wage jobs. Least I try I guess. 

But for me, shit, £42k a year/couple grand a month after tax would be absolutely life changing! 

2million would be a whole new life, incomprehensible!
    Except the temptation to piss it slowly away on stuff.

I'd have to hire a financial advisor, and make returns on something, or just buy into a better job. Guess a constant income stream is a worry off the mind, even if it is minimum!  

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    edited October 2018
    I'd buy a girlfriend experience with a smashing looking bird, then a probably go for a curry.

Edit- I suppose id ave to buy a fancy fur coat for my old dutch.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I'd stop shopping at Lidl, buy a brand new Dacia Sandero and an extra large kebab.

Livin' the dream.