SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Proteus 2000 & JV1080

horsehorse Frets: 1568
edited November 2018 in Studio & Rec £
Proteus now sold

Prices are collected from Notts. May be able to deliver in East Midlands.

No expansion boards or boxes etc, just the units with kettle leads. Will take photos if anybody's interested.

Powerful well regarded modules from back when rompler wasn't a dirty word.

£100 for the Proteus 2000 SOLD
£120 for the Roland jv1080
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    horse said:
    No expansion boards
    Strictly speaking, the E-Mu Proteus 2000 series way of doing things means that there will be one sound ROM already mounted in one of the available slots on the main PCB. The other three slots will be vacant, awaiting additional ROM sticks of the same series.

horse said:
    from back when rompler wasn't a dirty word.
    I find the Proteus 2000 series modules to be as interesting or boring as the ROM volumes installed inside them. The control interface makes sound tweaking quick and easy.
    horse said:
    just the units with kettle leads.
    Does the E-Mu come with its original rack bracket "ears"?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    They were great modules in their day and can still offer good sounds and easy editing. I used to have the B3 (organ) and Seidlaczek(orchestra) roms along with a 32mb RAM which could hold your own samples from the E4 series.
    Separate outs and spdif still make this a good multitimbral box.

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    @Funkfingers - it's mounted in my rack, by what I'd presume to be its original ears, and yes of course it does have the basic default rom- was just trying to be clear that neither are expanded.
  • Postage possible?
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Postage possible?
    Was hoping not to, but am looking into it maybe for somebody on the Proteus, but not the roland