SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Marshall JCM800 2203 from 1983 - £800

Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
edited November 2018 in Amps £

Selling this amazing amp unwillingly, because it is just too big and hefty for my tiny studio apartment... Sounds absolutely fantastic, one of the best I have heard and also unbelievably cool looking with the blue/purple tolex which is original from the factory. Some wear and tear, which is expected for a 35 years old amp, but nothing particularly outrageous except for a quite large tear in the tolex on the bottom side (that I wasn't aware of until yesterday, I might add). Has been inspected recently by DWJ Amps here in Liverpool and the amp is in perfect working condition. This one is one of the last made with vertical inputs by the way, made some time in early 1983. 

As a quite insane gear head with more than 60 guitars and close to 30 amps owned, I can tell you that if you have the space - it doesn't really get any better than this; if it's that 80s Marshall tone (or even more vintage Marshall tones) you crave, do yourself a favour and get the real deal. I see too many people posting threads like "how can I get that legendary JCM800 tone without actually buying an 800", never quite got why that is. Also, despite being one of the simplest amps ever and more than once having been accused of being a one trick pony, I think it's the most versatile Marshall pre-Silver Jubilee. High sens. input; the most awesome, crushing rock tone you have ever heard that can go well into metal land with a boost/overdrive. Low sens input - excellent pedal platform and clean-breakup tones. Kids with 6 channel Diezels should play one of these for a few months  

I would definitely prefer local pickup, as time goes by and people keep modding the old ones, these amps are just becoming rarer and rarer in stock condition so I would not risk letting this one getting wrecked in the post...Trades are no longer of interest as I just bought a new, smaller amp (that doesn't sound as good as this one, but what can you do...)

Because I would like to move it on fairly quickly, I would let it go for £800 - which is non-negotiable. It's up on Gumtree for £850, so £800 is a forum exclusive. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    @ché
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    Sorry if this is a bit too soon to bump, but I have added more and much better pictures!
  • ChéChé Frets: 304
    edited October 2018
    Haha, this forum doesn’t like accented E’s.

Man I was just about to pull the trigger on a TA-30 around the same price. Will deffo have a think about this.
  • Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    Sold to a Scottish gentleman, thanks for the interest!