Fix a foot switch?

dariusdarius Frets: 632
The foot switch on my TC Spark Boost is intermittently getting stuck on(or off).
Great boost but proving not very gig worthy (little micro switch is a bit self-flicky)
Fixable?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Probably easier and cheaper to buy a new one... 

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/search/?Query=Spark+booster&searchoverride=

Mini and full size both £35 atm. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    I can give it a spray with contact cleaner if you bring it down next weekend.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Typical TC.

Try contact cleaner, and if that fails bin it and buy another one, or preferably something not made by TC. I know that sounds harsh, but a long time ago I decided that I had to adopt that approach, having wasted far too much time trying to fix them economically. Even just changing the switch isn’t when a new pedal costs so little.

The same applies to most mini-pedals.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dariusdarius Frets: 632
    edited October 2018
    I think I'd agree with the 'typical TC' comment. Boss and MXR have always stood up to real use. 
    Recommendations for a replacement robust Boost? Maybe one with a smidge of overdrive while I'm at it. ...?