Will my Tesco Mobile pay monthly phone work in Cuba?

HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9714
Any experience on this. Tesco mobile live chat was spectacularly useless - It might work sir or it might not. I’m going to get the phone unlocked to give me a chance though.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Ask them.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9714
    Jalapeno said:
    Ask them.
    I did. The answer was that they didn't have any agreement with any Cuban network, but that it might work.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I have a Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly SIM and my phone's performance was very hit-and-miss during a recent month touring in France. Tesco seemed to have difficulty working out why. It's a decent quality phone, a Moto G6 Plus dual SIM (unlocked).

Unlocking your phone so you have the option of using a local PAYG SIM is maybe a good move although it will likely only allow calls in Cuba, not data services. Watch out for high roaming charges if using Tesco there! Use hotel wi-fi where available.

The issue is that there is no 4G yet in Cuba and even 3G is only available in major cities and tourist areas. Elsewhere it's still 2G!

Check whether you phone is Quad-Band. I think it's a 900MHz network there but perhaps check that.

It's poor that Tesco could not give you all the necessary information. Perhaps it's because they use O2. Is there any info on the O2 site?