Scovia's Country

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
edited October 2018 in Plug My Stuff

It's taken me a while to decide if I should post these tunes online or not. 

I recorded this back in summer 2018 with a friend, with a view to making a professional but very traditionally recorded country record sometime in 2019. This was our rough demo, to get our ideas down. 

Whilst it was not meant to be heard this way, I'm really proud of the recording - country was a whole new musical field for me to apply myself to and I loved trying to imitate steel guitars and violins.

County was never on my musical radar, but I had so much fun learning about Western Swing, Trad Country, The art of playing simply and never overplaying... I learnt so much and from someone so passionate about the genre.

There was more to add to some of the tunes here, but my friend, Haydn, passed away in August and we will never get the chance to bring the project to its close.

Listening now, I'm really proud of the songs and whilst they are far from perfect, they now represent a moment in my life that I really enjoyed and shared with a good friend, who I miss dearly.

Not sure why soundcloud doesn't show the whole playlist - you'd need to click to the site:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Great tunes, and the production quality is stunning - can genuinely hear the guitar / pickup /amp qualities. It doesn't sound like "a rough demo" in the slightest! I feel like this needs a proper release :) 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • @joetele very kind of you to say so. Thanks for taking time to listen.
  • welbywelby Frets: 17
    Really enjoyed that, you should be proud. Good work indeed =)