NPD - EHX Memory Toy - love at first listen!

What's Hot
KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
Got this at a good price on eBay, on a bit of a whim really. I already own a clutch of good-to-excellent analog delays, but this one just seems to have the perfect combination of dark-but-distinct echo, and easy-to-dial-in settings. I've been inside and turned down the modulation depth, which means it no longer, doubles as a chorus pedal, but modulated longer delays don't make me feel seasick. Happy days!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Nice find! EHX & analog delay go together like single coils & strats, and I love the design of the nano series.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Tenebrous said:
    Nice find! EHX & analog delay go together like single coils & strats, and I love the design of the nano series.
    It's actually quieter in operation than my DMM 550TT, but that does have quite a few extra bells and whistles!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    I actually have two! The volume boost is a biy annoying to some but the tone blends beautifully with what you are playing.
    I actually have two! The volume boost is a biy annoying to some but the tone blends beautifully with what you are playing.
    No volume boost on mine.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Its automatic ......like most of the Danelectro pedals tend to do it
  • Ignoring reliability issues etc IMHO EHX makes the best sounding analogue delays, I love my memory man. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I'm very tempted by the Memory Toy over in the classifieds. Does it do lovely wacky noises when you twist the time knob? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I loved my memory toy, so I was a bit sad when it broke. I'd have got another one if I hadn't ultimately gone digital modelling, and I agree that it's the perfect dark delay, because somehow the repeats melt behind your playing in a way that keeps them audible - other darker ana delays like the carbon copy didn't do that, and even the malekko I had didn't sit as beautifully behind the direct sound.
  • It's a shame someone used the manual as toilet paper
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    It's a shame someone used the manual as toilet paper
    Incense, delay pedal and a dark room. We've all done it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:
    I'm very tempted by the Memory Toy over in the classifieds. Does it do lovely wacky noises when you twist the time knob? 
    Yes it does, there is enough echo level and feedback available to take it into runaway repeats, which change in pitch when you adjust the delay time. TBH I have rarely found it convenient to grovel on the floor twisting pedal controls when I am in the middle of playing, so it's not that relevant to me!
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    I’m selling one of these if anyone is interested
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    joetele said:
    I've not used a Memory Toy but I've used a Memory Boy which I think is the broadly same thing and that did make some lovely wacky noises when you messed with it. It's one of the most fun delays I've played for mad oscillations and sounds - I imagine the Toy is the same.