AirBnB woes

What's Hot
Tickets booked for Country2Country in Dublin, but so far two Airbnbs fail to accept our stay within 24 hour time limit.

Grr!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Third time is the charm.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1244
    It could be worse, you could be accepted, then find the place isn't actually available when you arrive..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That happened last time I used  booking.com
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    @m_c I sent the host a SMS to see if she needed us to let her know when we would arrive on Friday and she said she not an Airbnb Host any more!

Fucking hell! Looks like we'll have to sleep on the streets!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1244
    It does make you wonder about the AirBnB booking system, given my experience was very similar.

A mate had booked a house for 6 of us, with everything confirmed through the site, but when the first two arrived, they found it was still being renovated. The owner didn't even know there had been a booking, and was very apologetic. as it wasn't supposed to be available for another month or so.
    Our host claims she stopped January 2018, but we booked in October and there were reviews last summer!

I've phoned Airbnb up so hopefully get something sorted. I refuse to pay extra if the next place more expensive though. Them eejits need to sort it out 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16133
    Had one experience of it...........absolutely woeful and even worse complaint procedure
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    This is my worry..We've booked two houses in Copenhagen in August when I'm competing in the Ironman there....one has confirmed the booking and been in communication, the other, although we've paid a deposit, I've heard nothing from, despite sending messages (3 or 4) since we booked in October...hoping we hear something soon, as the accommodation options will be limited now if we have to book somewhere else. 
    Wifey contacted them and we've got a more expensive place at no extra cost. A little further to walk to venue but beggars can't be choosers with two ights to go!
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2591
    tFB Trader
    My mother in law and wifes aunt both did AirBNB. My mother in law stopped but did not remove her listing properly and had a foreign couple turn up one weekend, luckily she was there and had space.

My wifes Aunt died in her bed (heart attack) when she had AirBNB guests staying, it was their last night and they left early that morning so I don't think they even know.