DIY LED mod for FS-1 pedal

The foot-switch I purchased does not have an LED light indicating whether it's on or off. 

Any suggestions as to what supplies my friend and I will need? Also, steps on how to install LED light? I get the overall gist of it, but I'm lost on what material is needed. 

Thanks in advance! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    I did this with a Marshall pedal years ago after reading about it.
    unfortunately I can't remember whats needed apart from it being a simple circuit involving a led and resistor hooked up to a 1.5v battery.
    The power consumption was tiny so the battery lasted for ever.
    I used foam rubber to wrap up the battery and wedged it inside the case.
    I still have it somewhere if I can find it I'll take some pic of the inside
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    What amp is it for? What is the switch logic? (ie do you want the LED on when the switch is closed, or open?) What type of switch is in the pedal?

Depending on the answers you will need an LED, probably a battery and a resistor, and possibly a new switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited November 2018
    Why not see if Bright Onion can supply something suitable.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    General gen' for LED projectd espically where low current drain is desired.
    Buy a lucky bag of LEDs (Maplin did them but Google) . If you want a current under 1mA get a 10k resistor and a PP3. With 10k  you don't have to worry about polarity. Go through the diodes and you are sure to find one or two that give a decent light. I was looking for some to indicate phantom power at the XLR and found several sub 1mA and one gave easily visible light in a room for 220 MICRO amps!

A 3V Lithium "10p" sized battery will power one for a looong time in a pedal.

Dave.